Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where's The Cheapest Place To Hire A Car In Sydney?

Where's The Cheapest Place To Hire A Car In Sydney?

Old Jun 4th 2004, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Kent, United Kingdom, now North West Sydney, Hills district and now Hawkesbury.
MELANIE6 will become famous soon enough
Question Where's The Cheapest Place To Hire A Car In Sydney?

Hi, We are a family of six arrive in Sydney in Aug 04 - we don't want to waste too much money renting a car but need one immediately to get to motel for about one week till we buy - anybody out there know where to rent or buy one?

cheers peeps!
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:51 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where's The Cheapest Place To Hire A Car In Sydney?

Originally posted by MELANIE6
Hi, We are a family of six arrive in Sydney in Aug 04 - we don't want to waste too much money renting a car but need one immediately to get to motel for about one week till we buy - anybody out there know where to rent or buy one?

cheers peeps!
Hi Melanie

Try this website....don't know about cheapest place to rent one but with 6 of you good luck !!

https://www.airportrentacar.com.au/sydneyrates.htm

http://www.sydney.com.au/carhire.htm

http://www.kasbah.com/cars.asp?carhire=Sydney

they look pretty reasonable..

Last edited by Pants; Jun 4th 2004 at 10:53 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 11:44 pm
ABCDiamond

http://www.bayswatercarrental.com.au/

is a good and inexpensive one. Located near Kings Cross.

Old Jun 5th 2004, 12:17 am
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
http://www.bayswatercarrental.com.au/

is a good and inexpensive one. Located near Kings Cross.
I agree! We have used Bayswater Car Rentals a few times, which are right opposite Kings Cross...just look for the big neon advert...near there... they ARE cheapset we could find and we looked everywhere!! Believe me! They are also VERY tourist friendly especially UK. But make sure you have your d/licence. I actually forgot mine last time but we haggled and came to an understanding!

Honestly they are the best you will find.
Good luck.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 8:48 am
Just Joined

creed is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, I looked around a lot and Bayswater has great deals for the first week of hire
Old Jun 5th 2004, 9:03 am
Sydneysider and lovin it!

Dinky is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by GillettFamily
I agree! We have used Bayswater Car Rentals a few times, which are right opposite Kings Cross...just look for the big neon advert...near there... they ARE cheapset we could find and we looked everywhere!! Believe me! They are also VERY tourist friendly especially UK. But make sure you have your d/licence. I actually forgot mine last time but we haggled and came to an understanding!

Honestly they are the best you will find.
Good luck.
No Birds! Damn fine service and great prices. Told them we'd be taking one of there cars to SA and all they said was "suggest you go unlimited mileage for $10 extra a day plus c$100 for insurance" (for some reason extra if you go outside NSW/Vic/QLD). 5400km in 10 days and not a word. Excellent!

Dinky
Old Jun 5th 2004, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Kent, United Kingdom, now North West Sydney, Hills district and now Hawkesbury.
MELANIE6 will become famous soon enough
Default cheap car hire in sydney

Thanks for all your suggestions, will definitely check them all out. Just hope we can get one to fit all six of us in!! That'll teach us not to have a telly!!**