Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

where are you in Perth?

where are you in Perth?

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 8:56 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default where are you in Perth?

just wanted to see where all the expats are in perth area and how long have you been here and have you stayed where you thought you'd be based and how are you finding it? Ta much
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:21 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default Re: where are you in Perth?

Originally Posted by squeezzii
just wanted to see where all the expats are in perth area and how long have you been here and have you stayed where you thought you'd be based and how are you finding it? Ta much
helloooo is there anyone out there?
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

kaz,n,jeff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by squeezzii
helloooo is there anyone out there?
hi, we are moving to Baldivis on 11 sept, we have allready bought our place in the sun,so just playing the waiting game.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 1:30 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

We are in Ellenbrook. We thought we would settle on the coast before we came but after meeting up with old friends from Ellenbrook decided to try here for a while. Have only been here since April but we are buying a house and really like the community feel of Ellenbrook. The beach is only approx 20 minute drive away and Joondalup is 20 minutes away also. Don't feel particulary isolated, enjoying the peace and quiet!

Tracey
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

We are here!!

Ocean Reef for now..................
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

kakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant futurekakadu chris has a brilliant future

hi

in beeliar.right on the edge of perth? nice house ,nice area but no pubs!!

Chris
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 2:49 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

We are in Butler, great family suburb, 4 parks within a 2 min walk of the house, shopping centre due to open next year along with our very own tavern. A really great community, loads of events like outdoor movie nights and community parties for every occasion and only 2 mins from the beach.

Lynn
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 3:33 pm
Banned

Monkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really nice

We really loved Woodvale. Hey...it has a pub!. Sadly we had to return to Britain. If/when we are next Aus-bound this would/will be our suburb of choice.

There are, however, plenty of stunning areas to live in Perth. Shop around!

Good luck

Justin
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 5:23 pm
Margie

Margie has a spectacular aura aboutMargie has a spectacular aura aboutMargie has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by movetoperth.com
We are in Butler, great family suburb, 4 parks within a 2 min walk of the house, shopping centre due to open next year along with our very own tavern. A really great community, loads of events like outdoor movie nights and community parties for every occasion and only 2 mins from the beach.

Lynn
Hi Lynn,

Sounds like a great place!
We fly out 3 weeks tonight to Perth.

Unsure of all areas and all guidance is a big help. Like the look of Hillary's and northern suburbs.

You say real community spirit. Is this Aussie and Expat or all Expat?

Some recent threads have made me worry again, saying that Aussies are unfriendly and its taken people months to be asked to 1st barbie.
I'm a quiet, but very social creature, who values a good friendship dearly.
Spill the beans of truth, how is it really?

I want to come out and make friends with all, nationality does not matter to me. I'd like to integrate with Aussies and embrace their culture, not be seen or thought of as "a whinging pom"

How long have you been there?

Do you have children? If so did they settle quickly into school?

Sorry, so many questions, but I'm at that last minute stage of " Oh my god, have are we doing the right thing?"

Cheers for reading this at least!

Best wishes
Margie
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 12:25 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Margie

Butler is fairly multi cultural really, there are quite a few expats here although mothing like the percentage in Mindarie, my kids go to school in Mindarie as we used to live there, to me Butler is loads better. There are quite a few scots, and South Africans too but everyone tends to mix with everyone, even the Somalians. We are going to a night out tomight, a curry night, that has been organised through the community, i'm not sure which nationality everyone is, but mostly aussies. My boys are 8 and 7 and love it, there is always something going on at the main park through the holidays and there is the tennis court and a new skate park is coming. For the little one, there is a playgroup which meets 4 mornings a week, you can go as often as you like or just once a week if you prefer.

House prices are on the climb here, you wont find anything under $280k now, the average 4x2 is around $320k but many are high 300's into the 400's.

For some info on the suburb and some photos see here http://movetoperth.com/info/suburbs/...es/butler.html

Don't panic too much you are making the right move, even if it turns out it's not for you then think of the fun you'll have finding out!

Lynn
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:08 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Hi
Been in Perth almost 12 months have found it a wonderful place to live. I am living in Banksia Grove a haven of very cheap housing just seconds from Carramar, still get a house here for $210/220k. Its a bit like a nice council estate with lots of kids and single mums, very quiet though so am not complaining at all. So if you are looking for investment property or first home here is ok, no probs at all. St Spephens school is just down the hill as my son says on his bike every morning.
As for work both hubby and me ended up getting jobs south of the river so everyday we end up taking almost an hour each getting in if is its rush hour a pain in the arse for both of us. He is already looking for another job as for me I am training as a vet nurse and am stuck at the same surgery until I qualify, unless I am sacked of course...

The weather I have to say is really good, I actually feel we get seasons over here, yes may sound strange but winter is for 3 months, then the spring flowers appear and we all know it warms up, summer is hot with no rain and is guaranteed to last 3 months before we go back into autumn when it starts getting chilly and the leaves drop off the tree's and the rain comes back. So of all the years in the UK with people saying they love the seasons, well over here actually feels like proper seasons without the snow though.

Hope this is all helpful for you all coming over
jenny
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 7:22 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sqeezzii,

We're in City Beach, wouldnt choose anywhere else in Perth over it now.
5min walk to the beach, 2min walk to a bus route into the city. 10min drive to work in Subiaco, 20mins max into the city, 20mins to Fremantle, really nice street with a real friendly mixture of neighbours.
parklands everywhere flowing between the streets, and it's not all new builds crammed on top of each other with small blocks.
We love it
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

We are in Kinross up North, lovely established area, green with a primary school and secondary school all within 3 minute walk for my to aand a few little shops.

Easy access to train station ten minute walk for my 15 year old and 5 minute drive to Lakeside.

Like living here everyone really friendly my 7 year old can ride her bike out the front no worries.

Agree with Lynn house prices going through the roof just read a report to say Kinross is second to top of price rises here.

5 minute drive to the beach nice area easy access to everything my kids love it here, my middle one does dancing each week and skating couldnt afford that in UK.

My 15 year has a job at Macdonalds now, found it hard at first but beginning to settle down now.

Kath
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
We are in Kinross up North, lovely established area, green with a primary school and secondary school all within 3 minute walk for my to aand a few little shops.

Easy access to train station ten minute walk for my 15 year old and 5 minute drive to Lakeside.

Like living here everyone really friendly my 7 year old can ride her bike out the front no worries.

Agree with Lynn house prices going through the roof just read a report to say Kinross is second to top of price rises here.

5 minute drive to the beach nice area easy access to everything my kids love it here, my middle one does dancing each week and skating couldnt afford that in UK.

My 15 year has a job at Macdonalds now, found it hard at first but beginning to settle down now.

Kath
Hi Kath,

Small world, eh!!! Glad to see you found EP at last.

Bye for now,
Old Jul 26th 2005, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Smile Re: where are you in Perth?

bump

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.