Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where in the world can you go to where there is not a terrorist threat

Where in the world can you go to where there is not a terrorist threat

Old May 27th 2004, 4:10 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Where in the world can you go to where there is not a terrorist threat

Originally posted by seang
all depends if the Basingstoke/Isle of Man peace accord holds up and a UN presense is maintained
Remember Basingstoke is perilously close to the stash of Weapons of Mass Destruction hidden at Greenham Common. Yes, I know it just looks like a business park there now but these WMD guys are *clever*....

Anya.
Old May 27th 2004, 4:17 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by anya4oz
You obviously haven't heard of the Greenland Peoples' Liberation front (or is it the Peoples' Liberation Front of Greenland?)

Anya.
So if they follow the trend of using initials - have we got

GPLF - drop the P (cause they all have it) - actually just change it for GUFF and be done
PLFG - every ones a front these days! just use the Of

I am still waiting for a SMUT/SMEG/PLUKE/PUKE etc etc party.

Having had a pretty normal childhood growing up in Belfast I hope the reaction at best to terror is indifference. Hard I know but what is wanted is a reaction - don't give in to it, live your life.

Cheers
Old May 27th 2004, 4:51 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Sandra
So if they follow the trend of using initials - have we got

GPLF - drop the P (cause they all have it) - actually just change it for GUFF and be done
PLFG - every ones a front these days! just use the Of

I am still waiting for a SMUT/SMEG/PLUKE/PUKE etc etc party.

Having had a pretty normal childhood growing up in Belfast I hope the reaction at best to terror is indifference. Hard I know but what is wanted is a reaction - don't give in to it, live your life.

Cheers
Too right! My philosophy is that, these days, I'm likely to get blown up by terrorists anywhere in the world, so it might as well be in a country where the sun shines & you can get decent food at reasonable cost in the restaurants.

Anya
Old May 27th 2004, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

... and as a Bali victim was saying on the radio earlier today, she was glad to have been evacuated to Australia because their burns surgeons are great because of all the bush fire injuries.

Hang on ... I see a downside to that
Old May 27th 2004, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where in the world can you go to where there is not a terrorist threat

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
good point !!!

Ok what about Milton Keynes shopping centre, i mean even the sas would have trouble locating it !
Daughter will be shopping there on Saturday I'll report back ASAP
Old May 27th 2004, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by anya4oz
Too right! My philosophy is that, these days, I'm likely to get blown up by terrorists anywhere in the world,

Anya
Too true Anya ! I'm sure most travellers could tell a few stories like this, heres a potted version of the last 30 yrs of mine: I started
I've escaped injury a few times -
1974 IRA blew up a letter box I'd just used next to my nurses home in London,

1977 a bomb went off just up the road from our hotel in Jerusalem.,

1978 after being a bridesmaid to my cousin in Zimbabwe she and her husband were killed by terroists on their honeymoon! I was sight seeing!

1982 on the way to Kasmir large stones were thrown at the train carriage I was in (by demonstrators not terrorist)- we were not injured, but the holdup meant we missed the plane on to Kashmir that day,

2002 an AL Quada "sleeper" was found working as the security guard in the condo next to ours in Singapore!! the clubs and schools we used were allegedly on the target list, phew we got outa there in time too ......

off to a city in Europe this w/e ...hopefully the 2 bombs that went off a few weeks ago won't be repeated - if you don't hear from me again you'll know I've run outa luck :scared:

and if I survive that, a bit of sun on a beach in OZ would suit me just fine
Old May 28th 2004, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

I remember going into Uxbridge on the tube and the train pulled up short of the station. After 5 minutes it then moved slowly up to the platform, but the doors didnt open. Then came an announcement over the tannoy "Sorry, due to a security alert, we cannot let you off ths train"

We then had to stay in the train for another 10 minutes. No panic or anything, just everybody complaining about how dumb the transport police were, after all if you suspect a bomb in a train station, the last thing you should do is park a train oad of commuters in there!

After 10 minutes, the doors opened and the police herded everybody off the train and out of the station in a real hurry.

OK not on the same scale as some of the previous posters but enough to make you think.

My sister and her hubby were stationed in germany with the army at the time (when several IRA bombs went off over there), and they were given a mirror to check under their car each morning. My sis told me it was always a scary moment sitting in the car and putting that key into the ignition..
Old May 28th 2004, 5:49 am
Just Joined

tatar guy is an unknown quantity at this point

To avoid a "terrosrist" threat keep away of "terrorism" kindling countries: russia, us, uk, spain, sri lanka, aus, turkey etc :lecture:

If I had an opportunity I'd go for any scandinavian country, iceland, denmark, NZ, "banking countries".

P.S. Off-topic. Actually it's time there had been done an official division of "terrorism" into national liberation activities and religious fanatism.
Old May 28th 2004, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

I'm voting for Iraq..no-one has been able to find anything fishy there so far.
Also if anything dodgy were to be found the yanks would probably miss the target anyhow