Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where will you put your money...

Where will you put your money...

Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:23 am
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold
Default Where will you put your money...

the scenario is,

house sold, in rented accomodation, all debts paid, awaiting the visas to arrive, flights are 2 months away, where do you put your money for best return and transferability if you are in oz when the best rate of exchange comes up?

answers on a postcard to...........LOL
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:28 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where will you put your money...

Originally Posted by hoops
the scenario is,

house sold, in rented accomodation, all debts paid, awaiting the visas to arrive, flights are 2 months away, where do you put your money for best return and transferability if you are in oz when the best rate of exchange comes up?

Welcome to leave it in my bank account if you like....
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:32 am
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wargod
Welcome to leave it in my bank account if you like....
i`ll drop round your house in worle i cant be bothered to go to your bank lol

steve
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

the scenario is,

Ingdirect have some brilliant saving rates. Easy to transfer between them and your normal bank account. That's where all my money is at the moment.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:37 am
Living & Loving in Perth

Originally Posted by WendyC
Ingdirect have some brilliant saving rates. Easy to transfer between them and your normal bank account. That's where all my money is at the moment.
are you in paraguay?

bank accounts via the net ?

steve
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

are you in paraguay?

bank accounts via the net ?

steve

LOL, No I'm not in Paraguay.

I'm in Uk. But yes you can do it all by Net
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

If you haven't used up your cash ISA allowance yet you may as well open one of those and get the interest on £3000 tax free. For the remainder take a look at www.moneysupermarket.com and see who's got the best rates (and if it's only a short term account then see who offers an introductory rate to bump it up).
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:51 am
Living & Loving in Perth

Originally Posted by marco121068
If you haven't used up your cash ISA allowance yet you may as well open one of those and get the interest on £3000 tax free. For the remainder take a look at www.moneysupermarket.com and see who's got the best rates (and if it's only a short term account then see who offers an introductory rate to bump it up).
is there a problem transfering to another bank when you want money sent over? that you know off

steve
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

is there a problem transfering to another bank when you want money sent over? that you know off

steve
Not that I know of, especially as many of the best rates are on internet accounts which makes it really easy.

Personally I'd keep your current account open when you move and nominate it as your 'linked account' - ie account where funds will be transferred into.

When you make a withdrawal your money goes into there and you can transfer it to Oz using whatever means you want (currency broker, bank etc).
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Toryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond repute

steve

do you have an account with the HSBC on Worle highstreet? cant you just chuck it in there? either that or go into properjob and get a strongbox !!

Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:58 am
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

the scenario is,

This is a great site and will help answer your questions, I always consult this site before I do a dodgy finacial deal :

www.moneyextra.com
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:59 am
Living & Loving in Perth

Originally Posted by Toryglen-Boy
do you have an account with the HSBC on Worle highstreet? cant you just chuck it in there? either that or go into properjob and get a strongbox !!

i thought about cutting an astills loave in half, dropping all 48g in that and use no nails to stick it back together,

steve
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:03 pm
Living & Loving in Perth

Originally Posted by marco121068
Not that I know of, especially as many of the best rates are on internet accounts which makes it really easy.

Personally I'd keep your current account open when you move and nominate it as your 'linked account' - ie account where funds will be transferred into.

When you make a withdrawal your money goes into there and you can transfer it to Oz using whatever means you want (currency broker, bank etc).
is it worth using a world bank, that you will transfer and deal with everything as our nominated account like "hfx" (i think thats the name of the bank)

steve
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:06 pm
Living & Loving in Perth

Originally Posted by yamahaha
This is a great site and will help answer your questions, I always consult this site before I do a dodgy finacial deal :

www.moneyextra.com
thanks i`ll take a look at this site

steve