Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where and When for the 1st Melbourne Meet Up

Where and When for the 1st Melbourne Meet Up

Old Oct 25th 2003, 5:01 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry all but we will miss it due to the travells across the Nullabor:scared:
Will come to one at the end of the month if there is one though. Have fun, hope its as hot as here in Perth 27 today and the bluest of blue skys
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Oct 25th 2003, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future

Hi Jaykay,

We`ll miss your picnic by just 3 days, we don`t arrive `till the 5th but we don`t leave until the 28th, so if there`s another meet up, we`ll be there.

Have fun all of you and to your new friendships.

See you soon

Loraine x
Old Oct 26th 2003, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Where and When for the 1st Melbourne Meet Up

Went for a drive over to Westerfolds park today with my daughter and one of her cousins.

The place has excellent facilities.

Thought we could meet up at the first lot of BBQ facilities that you come to.

Drive in to the main Car Park (not the 24 hour one), then keep driving until you hit the first car park on the left, called the Maleluca Car Park (think that's what it was called.). You will see a large covered picnic area, a toilet block and a large play area for kids.

This would be a great spot to meet up at. Means we don't have to drive around for ages looking for the right spot.

There are wood BBQ's and the tracks are all bitumen (48km worth).

Even though the weather wasn't fantastic today there were still plenty of people out doing BBQ's, jogging, walking the dog, riding their bikes, and even one woman out on her cross country skis with the wheels on the bottom.

So anyway, next Sunday 2nd November, 12ish, see you all there.

Regards
Old Oct 27th 2003, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Also took some photos of the place.

This is the first shelter that you'll probably see when you drive into the car park
Attached Thumbnails Where and When for the 1st Melbourne Meet Up-picnicarea.jpg  
Old Oct 27th 2003, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

And here's one of the play area for the kids.
Attached Thumbnails Where and When for the 1st Melbourne Meet Up-playarea.jpg  
Old Oct 29th 2003, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jaykay,

We'll be there - there's me and my husband Mike and our 3 year old son Alec.

The pictures look great. I'd only seen the official parkweb site before so I'm glad it looks as nice as I'd hoped.

Thanks again for organising the get together. Don't know about other new arrivals but we're too much in a tizz to organise our way out of a paper bag at the moment.

See you all Sunday!

PS - H - please please bring that fine weather with you across the Nullarbor in time for the next meetup. Melbourne looks so great when the sun shines - we just need more of it right now...
Old Oct 29th 2003, 1:17 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Hope you have a good meet and the weather is great
We should arrive in Melbourne morning of 28th Nov and stay 2/3 days as we have to meet with Alan Collet. If you have another meet at that time would love to attend
Old Oct 29th 2003, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

So Melway 33G2 according to the website

Me and hubby will try and get there (altho he has a cycling race on Sunday mornings) - anyone else going solo to this meetup?

Where has the sun been all week??!! BOM forecast says:

Sunday
Showers easing. Min 7 Max 15

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDV10450.txt

See you there!

HP
Old Oct 30th 2003, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Mike & karen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

My wife and I would like to meet up with other expats on the 2nd Nov.

My name is Mike and wife Karen, we are in our early 40's.

Arrived in Mel 23rd Feb 2003, we live in Berwick.

It would be nice to meet up.

Mike & Karen
Old Oct 31st 2003, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Clare Everest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default meeting

Hi Jaykay

Sorry we have been over here for 2 months already and not been on the forum. I am not sure where the time has gone.....Most of it waiting for our stuff.

3 months in shipping!!!!

We would love to come to the meet and find other nutters that have made the move....

Are we all wearing wellies and brollies... they say it rains in the UK!!

I will be attending with Hubby and the powerpuff girls. Sorry if you thought that you had missed their onslaught.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Jeannie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Mike & karen
Hi All

My wife and I would like to meet up with other expats on the 2nd Nov.

My name is Mike and wife Karen, we are in our early 40's.

Arrived in Mel 23rd Feb 2003, we live in Berwick.

It would be nice to meet up.

Mike & Karen

Hi Mike and Karen,

It will be great to meet you tomorrow. My other half and two boys arrived in Melbourne at Easter and live in Berwick also.
See you tomorrow.
Jeannie