Where in Vic?

Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:56 am
Just Joined

mirmir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where in Vic?

Hi all, we have been living in WA for 3yrs now and are thinking of moving to Vic as i hear the education is much better and more advanced there compared with here. Can anyone tell me where is a good place to move to in Vic and if anyone can recommend and good primary and high schools that would be great. Also any areas to avoid. Thanks
Old Mar 4th 2010, 10:45 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where in Vic?

Originally Posted by mirmir
Hi all, we have been living in WA for 3yrs now and are thinking of moving to Vic as i hear the education is much better and more advanced there compared with here. Can anyone tell me where is a good place to move to in Vic and if anyone can recommend and good primary and high schools that would be great. Also any areas to avoid. Thanks
Do you plan to live in Melbourne or Country Victoria? and are you looking at state schools or private schools.

Last edited by mohogony; Mar 4th 2010 at 10:48 am.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:14 am
Just Joined

I dont want to live country prefer somewhere close to the coast and not more than a 30min drive from the city, god that sounds fussy lol. Not sure about private or state yet that's why i was wondering if anyone could recommend any schools.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

CosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really nice

I dont want to live country prefer somewhere close to the coast and not more than a 30min drive from the city, god that sounds fussy lol. Not sure about private or state yet that's why i was wondering if anyone could recommend any schools.
We'll be settling in Sunbury, which is north of Melbourne. Its about 40mins by train into Southern Cross station. Again its about 40mins from the coast.

We've just enrolled our middle child in Sunbury Downs College, which has supposedly turned itself around in the last couple of years, seems good enough though. Its smaller than what she's been used to (500 pupils as opposed to 2000), and the teachers seem nice enough.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 5:58 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Where in Vic?

I dont want to live country prefer somewhere close to the coast and not more than a 30min drive from the city, god that sounds fussy lol.
You are going to need a lot of money then, depending on what you consider to be close to the coast.

If you want to be 30 mins drive from the city and within walking distance of the beach, a house in the SE suburbs will set you back 1 million or more.

Buzzy
Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:28 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
You are going to need a lot of money then, depending on what you consider to be close to the coast.

If you want to be 30 mins drive from the city and within walking distance of the beach, a house in the SE suburbs will set you back 1 million or more.

Buzzy
They want a place on the beach close to Melbourne and a top education for the kids at one of Melbournes leading schools, l hope they are totally loaded. otherwise they will be very disappointed.

Last edited by mohogony; Mar 4th 2010 at 9:30 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 12:11 am
Just Joined

I dont have that kind of money lol. Any areas to avoid? Also does anyone have any kids who went to school in the UK and now go to school in Vic? How do they compare? The schools here compared with Uk are shocking my daughter has not learnt anything really for 2 yrs and my 10 yr old is so frustrated. Can anyone recommend any web sites i can find out info on the schools in Vic compared with the schools in WA so i can see if there really is much of a difference? Thanks
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:30 am
Banned

I dont have that kind of money lol. Any areas to avoid? Also does anyone have any kids who went to school in the UK and now go to school in Vic? How do they compare? The schools here compared with Uk are shocking my daughter has not learnt anything really for 2 yrs and my 10 yr old is so frustrated. Can anyone recommend any web sites i can find out info on the schools in Vic compared with the schools in WA so i can see if there really is much of a difference? Thanks
l would'nt move to Victoria if the only reason is to find a good school, there should be other reasons such as you like Victoria better then WA or theres better employment there. There must be good schools in Perth, but l guess they are probably expensive private schools. Are schools in Victoria any better then WA? does anyone know?

Last edited by mohogony; Mar 5th 2010 at 6:02 am.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:29 am
Just Joined

I cannot stay in WA any longer apart from the education being very poor the whole mentality of the place is backward. I do like Vic the reason is mainly for the schools and also the faster pace of life.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:44 am
Just Joined

keepingbabiesoffthefloor is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have found the majority of schools have their own website, and there are league tables, but it depends on what you want for your children. You need to look at what do they want, sports? Music? Arts? Schools top in the league tables might not be a happy environment for that particular child. Are you unable to make the trip to Vic, to scout out some areas yourself?

Everyone on these forums have a different opinions, but BRITVICS is Victoria based and they are very friendly and there's loads of threads on schools and areas good and not so. Loads of people rave about Mornington Peninsular, beaches, good schools but further away from the Melbourne. If you want to be able to walk to a beach and will do that more often than go into the city then maybe move further down the coast, more affordable.

Good luck with the searching, I know how frustrating it is and doesn't help when you get p*** take responses
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

We live in Geelong which is about 15 minutes to the Great Ocean Road and an hour to Melbourne. We also have some great schools. Here is a link to a site where you can search schools in Victoria. It will also give you school web site addresses. Hope it helps.
http://www.vrqa.vic.gov.au/sreg/
Old Mar 5th 2010, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

It is a hard question to answer
I lived in Hawthorn for 10 years which covers two of your requirements,good schools and close to city.
Coastal location with the others is harder without heaps of money.You dont get much value for your money around Brighton / St Kilda.
If you are thinking private schools then it has to be an eastern suburb-
Malvern / Hawthorn out to about Glen Iris gives you schools and very good transport (road-rail-tram ), price is another thing thou.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

2plus3 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

This site could be what you are looking for
http://www.australianschoolsdirector...ne-schools.php

Kind regards
Kari
Old Mar 5th 2010, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice

This is a good website www.myschool.edu.au I don't think you can compare one states schools to another, but if you've got schools in mind you can see how well they compare to the national average.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 2plus3
Hi,

This site could be what you are looking for
http://www.australianschoolsdirector...ne-schools.php

Kind regards
Kari
Thanks for that i will have a look now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.