Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where are the threads disappearing to?

Where are the threads disappearing to?

Old Jul 29th 2003, 4:26 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where are the threads disappearing to?

On the assumption that threads posted here are not libellous, defamatory, inciting of racial hatred can we please leave them undisturbed? In fact if any threads are to be removed, can they be the really disagreeable ones where the dividing line between informed debate on immigration issues and ranting against foreigners is often crossed rather than the ones which people just find go off topic a bit?
Old Jul 29th 2003, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where are the threads disappearing to?

Originally posted by jayr
On the assumption that threads posted here are not libellous, defamatory, inciting of racial hatred can we please leave them undisturbed? In fact if any threads are to be removed, can they be the really disagreeable ones where the dividing line between informed debate on immigration issues and ranting against foreigners is often crossed rather than the ones which people just find go off topic a bit?
I think the answer to that is no, jayr.

Watch this thread disappear too in a minute.
Old Jul 29th 2003, 4:35 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Wilf
I think the answer to that is no, jayr.

Watch this thread disappear too in a minute.

now this is getting to be amusing - give it up Wilf - you won't win -lol

cheers
Old Jul 29th 2003, 4:35 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

True any racial remarks are fine if they are against the blacks or Muslims , any that question how unbaised a poster maybe are off limits.

Old Jul 29th 2003, 4:38 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

The last thread was quite interesting - on the subject of advertising , people were having a genuine , good discussion on this subject , some people agreed, others disagreed- why it was deleted I do not know.

It was a genuine interesting thread ,relevant to this forum - and no arguments, or abuse etc

Cheers
Old Jul 29th 2003, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Ceri
The last thread was quite interesting - on the subject of advertising , people were having a genuine , good discussion on this subject , some people agreed, others disagreed- why it was deleted I do not know.

It was a genuine interesting thread ,relevant to this forum - and no arguments, or abuse etc

Cheers
Speaking of disappering computer stuff. Opened my email account only to find all my addresses had disappeared.
:scared:

Getting computer whiz brother in law to look at it on weekend.

Suspicious indeed:scared:
Old Jul 29th 2003, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers

I think you will find that PB targeted one Individual. Which, in my opinion was out of order.

PC
Old Jul 29th 2003, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

now this is getting to be amusing - give it up Wilf - you won't win -lol

cheers
You are right Ceri.

No free speech if it clashes with business interests? This is how I find the world now and what a sad state that is. I could say anything I like if it is racist, but not if I question advertising.
Old Jul 29th 2003, 4:51 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

I could say anything I like if it is racist

No, you may not.
Old Jul 29th 2003, 4:54 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by porkchop
I think you will find that PB targeted one Individual. Which, in my opinion was out of order.

PC
What is your name about is it to insult people of the Muslim faith , your opinions upto now are not worth repeating try again , start with I believe in Freedom of Speech and no self interest should cloud it.

Old Jul 29th 2003, 4:54 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

PC
I don't believe that he said anything which would be libellous, for which the publisher of this site would rightly wish to remove. Most publishers or journalists usually defend the right to freedom of speech as long as there are no laws broken. In fact many would go to jail over such issues.
Old Jul 29th 2003, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

PC
PB was not out of order at all and nor was I. There was a suggestion from "one individual" that they were fed up with posters who highlighted the bad side of Oz and the "one individual" is someone who makes money from people emigrating to Oz. All we did after that was debate whether it was right for someone to advertise on the forum for free and whether those making money from emigration should decide who can and cannot post. It is a freedom of speech issue.
Old Jul 29th 2003, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't believe that he said anything which would be libellous, for which the publisher of this site would rightly wish to remove. Most publishers or journalists usually defend the right to freedom of speech as long as there are no laws broken. In fact many would go to jail over such issues.
This was a personal campaign to bring discredit on an individual.
Brought about as revenge for the individual desagreeing with PB.
Not the done thing on a civilised forum in my humble opinion.
If it was about advertising for free then PB may or may not be conected to some Newspaper group for all we know.
He does post links to many newspaper and news sites.

PC
Old Jul 29th 2003, 5:06 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

All we did after that was debate
An uncivilized debate, nonetheless.
Old Jul 29th 2003, 5:06 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Try putting the words "I personally believe" in front of your sentence- not liable

Just find it odd why that certain thread was deleted - when I have read pure and utter racist remarks here which have not be deleted, I have also read numerous threads which have been started to single out an individual and they have not been deleted - I.e if you are going to delete Pb's threads - try deleting threads which start singling him out - or what about the one on this page titled "Wilf shut up" - in other words what is good for the goose is good for gander

I do think Pb has some sort of a gripe with Alan , that is their prob, but reading through the thread which was deleted - PB did not really attack him, it was a disagreement. And it was more to do with the subject of advertising - not personally attacking an individual

I'm staying out of it now - I do not know any of you , and it is not my argument.

I think all that people were asking for - is a line between genuine advice and business interests.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.