Where are they?

Old Jul 7th 2004, 3:42 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where are they?

Originally posted by hevs
super sleuth ceri!!!

Your right about the bothered ones. I used to be one of them, now i'm here though, i don't really care one way or another
Same....PB used to get right on my tits (to coin a pommie phrase), but now i can see that much of it was true. When i was mid move, i guess i knew really that much of it was true anyway, i just did'nt want all these stories of Australia the arse end ruining my expensive plans.

I like the negative posts now.....firstly because i agree with many of them, and secondly because it can give me a chance to vent some of the many frustrations i have with this country.

**disclaimer**....i do still like it here....
Old Jul 7th 2004, 3:46 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY

And the writer accepts no responsibility for people living back in blighty being pissed off at them
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Hi Debs,

It's been very boring on here for a while, now. I suppose we've all learnt what we needed to learn and have shared what we had to share and have moved on. Gone are the days of lenghty discussions and heated debates.

There's far too much bickering and bitching on here these days but I do pop in now and then to see if there is a sensible conversation going on. As you say, all the oldies have gone. Unfortunately all the fun went with them.

Good luck to all the newbies, though. May you find all your answers in the 'search' function as all the topics have been covered many times over.

We'll still chat through IM's, though Deb.

Steve.
Yes Steve I Know we chat but I am sure that the other posters miss the benefits ofyour wisdom and some of the great heated debates you used to have
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by hevs
OH!! PS Debs i'm still here, but its the hols and i'm busy with the kids.

AND theres only so many times that i can answer a post about HSBC, weather, cost of living, "we got it", shipping, PS2's etc etc.

I mainly just pop on for "the goss" and a wee banter with my mates
Well don't forget about me
Pete How could I have forgotten to add you to my list:scared:

I also like to read the neg posts but I dont like it when things start to get abusive and nasty as they have been.

Nice to hear from you everyone.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:36 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by PeteY
Same....PB used to get right on my tits (to coin a pommie phrase), but now i can see that much of it was true. When i was mid move, i guess i knew really that much of it was true anyway, i just did'nt want all these stories of Australia the arse end ruining my expensive plans.

I like the negative posts now.....firstly because i agree with many of them, and secondly because it can give me a chance to vent some of the many frustrations i have with this country.

you used to dislike Pb didn't you?.. now at last you can see what we were laughing at ( who ever he is ) , and why this poster was liked by a lot of people here in Aus. Nothing boring, and totally off the mark as reading a "rose tinted" thread from some people in the UK. if you know what what I mean.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Jul 7th 2004 at 6:39 am.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Ceri
you used to dislike Pb didn't you?.. now at last you can see what we were laughing at ( who ever he is ) , and why this poster was liked by a lot of people here in Aus. Nothing boring as reading a "rose tinted" thread from some people in the UK. if you know what what I mean.

cheers
yes - come back PB we are gonna give you a knighthood
Old Jul 7th 2004, 8:24 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by debsy
Yes Steve I Know we chat but I am sure that the other posters miss the benefits ofyour wisdom and some of the great heated debates you used to have

What shall we 'debate' then, Debs?

The purpose of Royalty?
Aspartame?
Fluoride in the water?
The pro's and cons of the EU?
Or why nose hair doesn't just stop at the end of your nostrils?

Steve
Old Jul 7th 2004, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

What shall we 'debate' then, Debs?

The purpose of Royalty?
Aspartame?
Fluoride in the water?
The pro's and cons of the EU?
Or why nose hair doesn't just stop at the end of your nostrils?

Steve
Designer handbags
Old Jul 7th 2004, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally posted by HUP
I think the reason a lot of the people not on so much is that the forum is a bit stagnant of late. You can only answer the same questions so often before it gets a little tedious.

Hevs is busy with school holidays and renovations and a couple of other projects.

Regarding the stagnation I do wish people would stop getting so indignant about negative posters, it is more tedious than the negative posts themselves. Let the trolls have there say and let the arguments commence. The arguments allow people to put forward there own opinions (All the opinions should add up to greater balance in the end) and can add a bit of spice. Its just a shame that they can sometimes descend into nasty personal attacks.

If you take for example Kong a lot of what he says is true. It distills the bad side of Oz admittedly and sometimes he makes blatant generalisations but so what, put forward your own arguments or ignore it.
HUP !!!!
Glad to see you've got rid of that Topiary nonsense !!!!! xx
Old Jul 7th 2004, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Someone asked about Don... well, he bogged off and left us.
Wonder how long he will be able to cope without an Expats fix
RE Negative postings, Kong, PB, Wilf etc. I really don't mind negative posts (but don't relish them either lol), but as long as they don't get personal, I'm not too bothered.
I think some posters may have gone over to some of the region-specific forums.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Larissa
Someone asked about Don... well, he bogged off and left us.
Wonder how long he will be able to cope without an Expats fix
RE Negative postings, Kong, PB, Wilf etc. I really don't mind negative posts (but don't relish them either lol), but as long as they don't get personal, I'm not too bothered.
I think some posters may have gone over to some of the region-specific forums.
Yes Larissa I quite agree with you - it is all the insulting stuff that gets on my wick.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 10:00 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Larissa I quite agree with you - it is all the insulting stuff that gets on my wick.
Yep me to.

It boils down to what different people WANT to read.

I think Sandras idea is EXCELLENT

PETE, we need a forum for people here and living it
Old Jul 7th 2004, 7:28 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

So, what did you want to debate then Debs?
Old Jul 7th 2004, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

So, what did you want to debate then Debs?
Bit busy at the mo as someone told me about ebay and I have been on there for hours
Old Jul 7th 2004, 7:49 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Bit busy at the mo as someone told me about ebay and I have been on there for hours

Lol....that'll be me, then!

Just stick to buying your strawberries...they're cheaper than tiffany!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.