Where are they?

Old Jul 6th 2004, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Where are they?

It seems that a lot of the oldies have dissapeared lately. I know that some of the crap on here can get a bit tedious sometimes but an update would be nice
Sindy
Earlswood
Whisky
Mika24me
Flowerofscotland
Steve Bannister (not on here much)
Jockney
Don
Hevs (not on here much now)
Gra B
Footie
Pollyana
Slater
Marlo
Dotty
Debs & Tim
Mashiraz
Houdini
And loads and loads of others that I cant remember

Last edited by debsy; Jul 6th 2004 at 6:34 am.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 8:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still here, lurking on the fringes! Haven't really got much to contribute at present though; most of the stuff I can say is said better by someone else! Also I'm not feeling particularly positive at present, not because of Australia, its just stuff like work, so I don;t want to post too much and put people off, when my probelms are not really related to emigrating (if that makes sense!!)

Whisky is very busy with the restaurant I know, and Hevs was having cash flow problems a while back, remember her posts about the dream of a mortgage- free lifestyle?

I shall lurk until I recover my positivity - or until I get totally drunk again and start posting drivel once more!!!! You don't get rid of me that easily
Old Jul 6th 2004, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where are they?

Dotty is currently touring the US on a motorbike!!
Old Jul 6th 2004, 9:29 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pollyana
I'm still here, lurking on the fringes! Haven't really got much to contribute at present though; most of the stuff I can say is said better by someone else! Also I'm not feeling particularly positive at present, not because of Australia, its just stuff like work, so I don;t want to post too much and put people off, when my probelms are not really related to emigrating (if that makes sense!!)

Whisky is very busy with the restaurant I know, and Hevs was having cash flow problems a while back, remember her posts about the dream of a mortgage- free lifestyle?

I shall lurk until I recover my positivity - or until I get totally drunk again and start posting drivel once more!!!! You don't get rid of me that easily
Dont go Pollyanna, I love sitting here at about 1am and seeing you name pop up when you have obviously just got up.You interest me because I used to live in Brighton and you went on a spouse visa and I agree with many of your views.

Kala.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Still around Debs but just lurking in the background on the days i`m in the office. Not much too say at the moment...

footie xx
Old Jul 6th 2004, 4:38 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

That sounds fun, do that
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:14 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

I don;t want to post too much and put people off, when my probelms are not really related to emigrating (if that makes sense!!)
Awww come on, this forum isn't just about emigrating, remember it's the lifestyle forum, so it's about what happens to you after the emigration too. Mutual support and all that... if you don't tell us your problems we can't help you through them (and we'll feel less inclined to post our own, and then we won't get support... if the centre does not hold, then things fall apart (to mis-quote Yeats)). So spill the beans, how's the job-hunting going for example (you are still at that, aren't you?)

Last edited by MarkMyWords; Jul 6th 2004 at 5:19 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by debsy
It seems that a lot of the oldies have dissapeared lately. I know that some of the crap on here can get a bit tedious sometimes but an update would be nice
Sindy
Earlswood
Whisky
Mika24me
Flowerofscotland
Jockney
Don
Gra B
Footie
Pollyana
Slater
Marlo
Dotty
Debs & Tim
Mashiraz
Houdini
Footie glad to hear you are still around.
Poll
Sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit down Stop lurking and come back - we need you
Take care
debsx
Old Jul 6th 2004, 9:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Awww come on, this forum isn't just about emigrating, remember it's the lifestyle forum, so it's about what happens to you after the emigration too. Mutual support and all that... if you don't tell us your problems we can't help you through them (and we'll feel less inclined to post our own, and then we won't get support... if the centre does not hold, then things fall apart (to mis-quote Yeats)). So spill the beans, how's the job-hunting going for example (you are still at that, aren't you?)
Ahhh, thank you MarkmyWords! Job-hunting? I am currently working on the theory that if I apply for enough someone will give me a job just so they can stop reading my long rambling pages of Selection Criteria!
Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:47 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by debsy
Sindy
Earlswood
Whisky
Mika24me
Flowerofscotland
Jockney
Don
Gra B
Footie
Pollyana
Slater
Marlo
Dotty
Debs & Tim
Mashiraz
Houdini

Hi Debs,

It's been very boring on here for a while, now. I suppose we've all learnt what we needed to learn and have shared what we had to share and have moved on. Gone are the days of lenghty discussions and heated debates.

There's far too much bickering and bitching on here these days but I do pop in now and then to see if there is a sensible conversation going on. As you say, all the oldies have gone. Unfortunately all the fun went with them.

Good luck to all the newbies, though. May you find all your answers in the 'search' function as all the topics have been covered many times over.

We'll still chat through IM's, though Deb.

Steve.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:10 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

I think the reason a lot of the people not on so much is that the forum is a bit stagnant of late. You can only answer the same questions so often before it gets a little tedious.

Hevs is busy with school holidays and renovations and a couple of other projects.

Regarding the stagnation I do wish people would stop getting so indignant about negative posters, it is more tedious than the negative posts themselves. Let the trolls have there say and let the arguments commence. The arguments allow people to put forward there own opinions (All the opinions should add up to greater balance in the end) and can add a bit of spice. Its just a shame that they can sometimes descend into nasty personal attacks.

If you take for example Kong a lot of what he says is true. It distills the bad side of Oz admittedly and sometimes he makes blatant generalisations but so what, put forward your own arguments or ignore it.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I am still around, but not as often of late.
Been on this forum a while now under Whisky and Suzanne Crabtree previous to that.
All the emotions of visas, pets, houses, moving etc. Then the move and setting up here.
No - none of it is easy, but all in all, I prefer my life here than in the UK.
The resaon I don't post as often is:

1 I don't have time, always have things to do.

2 Sometimes, I find the people that don't like Australia and are back or going back to the UK, make me feel low.

Yes, I know that I shouldn't read it, but have you tried to not read the posts. Somehow it becomes compulsive to read it all when on here, good and bad.

:scared:

Whisky
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:49 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by HUP
I
If you take for example Kong a lot of what he says is true. It distills the bad side of Oz admittedly and sometimes he makes blatant generalisations but so what, put forward your own arguments or ignore it.
It reminds me of PB.. although he swears blind he isn't PB. Can't see what the problem with Kong is myself, he's not foulmouthed.. he's not personally attacking an individual. And everyone is entitled to an opinion. Must admit I'm having a giggle reading some of his ( or her) posts.
Funny really , it looks to me the people who are not actually bothered by him are people who are living here. The people who seem to be bothered by him are the ones in the UK .. or perhaps I'm generalising too.
P. s has anyone heard from Don recently ? .. just a thought
Old Jul 7th 2004, 3:38 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri
Funny really , it looks to me the people who are not actually bothered by him are people who are living here. The people who seem to be bothered by him are the ones in the UK .. or perhaps I'm generalising too.
P. s has anyone heard from Don recently ? .. just a thought
super sleuth ceri!!!

Your right about the bothered ones. I used to be one of them, now i'm here though, i don't really care one way or another
Old Jul 7th 2004, 3:41 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

OH!! PS Debs i'm still here, but its the hols and i'm busy with the kids.

AND theres only so many times that i can answer a post about HSBC, weather, cost of living, "we got it", shipping, PS2's etc etc.

I mainly just pop on for "the goss" and a wee banter with my mates

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.