Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where in Surrey can i get docs signed cheap???

Where in Surrey can i get docs signed cheap???

Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

marie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud of
Default Where in Surrey can i get docs signed cheap???

hi im from Surrey i just wondered if anybody out there from around this area that has had there docs signed by a solicitor and how much . The one i have been to says £5 a document.. Having a laugh or what.................

thanks

marie
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:34 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Where in Surrey can i get docs signed cheap???

Originally Posted by marie197500
hi im from Surrey i just wondered if anybody out there from around this area that has had there docs signed by a solicitor and how much . The one i have been to says £5 a document.. Having a laugh or what.................

thanks

marie
Depends on where abouts in Surrey you are I guess. If you are near the Hampshire border, I got mine certified for one pound per sheet in Alton, Hampshire (about 12 miles from Haslemere, Surrey). The other 2 solicitors in Alton wanted 5 and 7 per sheet!
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:47 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

marie
Takes the piss huh

Here in Australia,

they have JP days. At most shopping centers.

You just trapse along, and a volunteer JP, sits there, and does ya docs for you. Its free !!

Go figure huh..
Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:59 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Where in Surrey can i get docs signed cheap???

thanks

marie
From experience most of the solicitors will say about a fiver for a certified copy and less to just witness a signature etc on a form. We had out first lot done in a Magistrates court which cost nothing but it was a thirty mile round trip, an afternoon off work (not got if your selfemployed I know) and a few other expenses i.e. the wife insisted on going shopping!

Try phoning around a few solicitors and ask for a set price. As when we were ready to send off the 136 application we had one solicitor who agreed to do over twenty documents for £25.00. Just make sure evrything is in order and you have done all of the photocopying. Then they know how simple it is.

R.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 9:05 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

thanks

marie
If you are newr the west sussex border crawley magistrates does them for free, also if you work for a big company with their own legal dept ask them, I got mine done by some guy in the legal dept for a bottle of gin.

Kala
Old Sep 29th 2005, 9:06 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

i went into see the solicitors on another issue (wills by the way) and while i was there i high jacked them into doing it for nothing. but hay they thought they were going to get a couple of hundred quids worth of business out of me. or does that make me sound tight??????
who knows that might be the first time any one got anything out of a solicitor of nothing.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 10:24 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Mine cost me 3 bottles of (Aussie) wine
(He's a friend of a friend). Very nice man

Mind you, I need to get him to certify some more stuff now. Wonder what that'll cost me
Old Sep 29th 2005, 10:56 pm
Don't mention the Spiders

GoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant future

I had one solicitor quote me £5 per sheet (which would have cost me literally hundreds, as my transcript of training was 7 pages alone, and I needed a few sets of copies), so I beetled off down to the Magistrates court one afternoon, novel in hand ready to wait - only to be told there was no Mag court that afternoon.

However, I was advised by the very helpful staff, that the best time of day to get there to get docs done is first thing, as they will usually fit you in before they start court. Hope that helps.

In the end, I found a little one-man-band solicitors who did all the docs for £10 job lot, and has since done another load for a further tenner. I think if you get the little local one-man-band outfits, they will be cheaper than a 'prestigious' bigger firm.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 5:29 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Where in Surrey can i get docs signed cheap???

Originally Posted by GoingToOz
I had one solicitor quote me £5 per sheet (which would have cost me literally hundreds, as my transcript of training was 7 pages alone, and I needed a few sets of copies), so I beetled off down to the Magistrates court one afternoon, novel in hand ready to wait - only to be told there was no Mag court that afternoon.
You don't need to get every single page done!

My wifes transcript of training was about 10-14 pages. We just got them to sign the front and back page and passed the TRA no problem.

Remember, this sort of stuff is not a certified copy signing as it is your own work, not an official certificate etc!

It does seem like some people go over the top getting stuff signed.

R.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 10:24 pm
Don't mention the Spiders

GoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Carruss

It does seem like some people go over the top getting stuff signed.

R.
Thanks for the info - but for £10 job lot, I was happy to pay this, and wanted to be sure of minimising any delays eg requests for proper certifications etc. Even with only doing the front and back, with all the other docs I needed certifying, it would have still come to £100
Old Oct 1st 2005, 8:17 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

We were lucky, i work with a lady whose hubby is a lawyer, so he did them for us for nought.. in return for my hubby making some curtain poles for their new house... job done!
Old Oct 1st 2005, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
Depends on where abouts in Surrey you are I guess. If you are near the Hampshire border, I got mine certified for one pound per sheet in Alton, Hampshire (about 12 miles from Haslemere, Surrey). The other 2 solicitors in Alton wanted 5 and 7 per sheet!
I went to the magistrates court in Alton and got charged absolutely NOTHING.

They are normally well worth a try.
Old Oct 1st 2005, 9:42 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
Hi, I'm in Farnham, could you please drop me the details of this £1/sheet solicitor in Alton. Many thanks - Carmen.