British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   where to settle (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/where-settle-433952/)

pscotty Mar 11th 2007 11:02 pm

where to settle

having got all the way through the process to validating our visas, confident in the fact we were settling in Adelaide, we are now beginning to question our decision after reading some of the posts.What is wrong with Adelaide, or should we move to Perth or even Melbourne?

Dorothy Mar 11th 2007 11:15 pm

Re: where to settle

Originally Posted by pscotty (Post 4508173)
having got all the way through the process to validating our visas, confident in the fact we were settling in Adelaide, we are now beginning to question our decision after reading some of the posts.What is wrong with Adelaide, or should we move to Perth or even Melbourne?

You should move where ever you want to move. Don't let the opinions of a bunch of strangers make your decision for you.

And by the way, there is nothing wrong with Adelaide.

Wendy Mar 11th 2007 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 4508201)

And by the way, there is nothing wrong with Adelaide.

I'll second that!

Dawn&Andy Mar 12th 2007 12:29 am

we were originally going to brisbane or gold coast but have now decided we gonna give adelaide a shot, its down to your own preference on what you deem to be suitable for yourself and your family, thats how we made our choice:) wherever you decide good luck to you and yours

Dawn x

pscotty Mar 15th 2007 7:09 pm

thanks for the advice.Of course you are right, but it does make you wonder!

Wendy Mar 15th 2007 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by pscotty (Post 4522523)
thanks for the advice.Of course you are right, but it does make you wonder!

We don't tell everyone how nice it is here or they'd all want to come ;)

mark 'n' joe Mar 15th 2007 10:25 pm

Word must have got out Wendy, we are coming to have a look in October;)

Joex

Wendy Mar 15th 2007 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe (Post 4523211)
Word must have got out Wendy, we are coming to have a look in October;)

Joex

Damn!!

:D

chels Mar 15th 2007 11:35 pm

Yes, Adelaide's nice - maybe the reason you don't read as many positive posts about Adelaide is because people who live there are having so much fun they don't have much time to post on BE :)

(Though thank goodness some of them do post on here, otherwise who would give me suggestions of what to do during my regular visits to Adelaide :thumbup: )

Wendy Mar 15th 2007 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by chels (Post 4523525)
Yes, Adelaide's nice - maybe the reason you don't read as many positive posts about Adelaide is because people who live there are having so much fun they don't have much time to post on BE :)

(Though thank goodness some of them do post on here, otherwise who would give me suggestions of what to do during my regular visits to Adelaide :thumbup: )

Well I'm on a LOT less than I used to be (not that it's difficult :D )

I'm still working on the BE addiction though....

chels Mar 15th 2007 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 4523537)
Well I'm on a LOT less than I used to be (not that it's difficult :D )

I'm still working on the BE addiction though....

Don't wean yourself off of BE yet - we'll be visiting Adelaide again soon thanks to a new arrival we'll have to coo over, and I'll be needing some more suggestions for what to do when the 'excitement' of that particular activity wears off.

Wendy Mar 15th 2007 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by chels (Post 4523565)
Don't wean yourself off of BE yet - we'll be visiting Adelaide again soon thanks to a new arrival we'll have to coo over, and I'll be needing some more suggestions for what to do when the 'excitement' of that particular activity wears off.

Is that about an hour after you get here then (or is that just me :o )

chels Mar 16th 2007 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 4523568)
Is that about an hour after you get here then (or is that just me :o )

You're more generous than me - give it a couple of minutes and I've lost interest :o I confess that on hearing the news of the new arrival, my first thought wasn't 'Ah, a baby girl, how lovely'. It was: 'Why have they named it after a Coronation Street character?' I think I have to work on my baby cooing skills...

Wendy Mar 16th 2007 12:09 am

Originally Posted by chels (Post 4523632)
You're more generous than me - give it a couple of minutes and I've lost interest :o I confess that on hearing the news of the new arrival, my first thought wasn't 'Ah, a baby girl, how lovely'. It was: 'Why have they named it after a Coronation Street character?' I think I have to work on my baby cooing skills...

I only get to the hour stage because I have to have a beer or two as well ;)

chels Mar 16th 2007 12:12 am

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 4523635)
I only get to the hour stage because I have to have a beer or two as well ;)

Good tip. Should I ask for the beer first or to see the baby? :lol: