Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

where,s the best place to live ???

Wikiposts

where,s the best place to live ???

Old May 5th 2003, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where,s the best place to live ???

hi im delboys wife allison , i wonder if anyone can tell me the best place to live or buy a property near perth and the coast not too expensive thou .Someone told me ocean reef scarbourah hammersley alexandra heights etc please let me know thanks allison
Old May 6th 2003, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth now Sunny Florida, heading for Perth
WannabeWallaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: where,s the best place to live ???

Originally posted by delboy
hi im delboys wife allison , i wonder if anyone can tell me the best place to live or buy a property near perth and the coast not too expensive thou .Someone told me ocean reef scarbourah hammersley alexandra heights etc please let me know thanks allison

Having never been I can't really advise you but I have looked at property online and have decided that Perth is too expensive so have lowered our sites a bit! And I can't afford the mansion in Padbury yet! I have seen several 2/3 bed houses in the Bunbury/Busselton area (about 100 miles south of Perth) for approx A$100,000-120,000 or you could try the Margaret River area on the south-west coast.

Good Luck!
Old May 6th 2003, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

thanks wannabewallaby i also like the look of margarate river but not near enough to perth for work. thankyou for your reply , bye for now allison
Old May 6th 2003, 7:24 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Delboy Letchworth ehh, I,m only done the road from ya, In Welwyn. Gonna be heading to Brisbane.
Old May 6th 2003, 9:29 am
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by paulf
Hey Delboy Letchworth ehh, I,m only done the road from ya, In Welwyn. Gonna be heading to Brisbane.
Hi!

I'm in between you both ( in manner of speaking!! ) - Stevenage! Complete dump hence immigration plans. We are heading to Adelaide.
Old May 6th 2003, 9:42 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Hello sally, I have serviced loads in stevenage, err Boilers and fires that is, Poplars aint that bad.
Old May 6th 2003, 9:45 am
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by paulf
Hello sally, I have serviced loads in stevenage, err Boilers and fires that is, Poplars aint that bad.
Well you haven't serviced me!!!

Poplars okay if you want a house with subsidence!!!
Old May 6th 2003, 9:51 am
?????????

hehe , we only did council houses in stevenage, :scared: :scared:
Old May 6th 2003, 2:00 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Whats expensive ? you will get what you pay for want sea views in a coastal suburb like Ocean Reef or Scarbrough try $700k to $4million , river views try $600k to $30 million.
There are loads of older less sort after homes around $230k in older down market suburbs like Padbury one suburb back from the coast.

Old May 6th 2003, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

madmancunian is an unknown quantity at this point

Next door to PB.

It's like having your very own Ozzie Osbourne family next door.

MM.
Old May 6th 2003, 2:16 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by madmancunian
Next door to PB.

It's like having your very own Ozzie Osbourne family next door.

MM.
Doing my bit to drive down house prices , must try harder.

Old May 6th 2003, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Depends what you're looking for Allison, Scarb & Ocean Reef expensive suburbs. There are some lovely areas with lower price tags and then some areas you'd want to stay clear of.

Best bet would be to come and look, everyone on here can offer an opinion but it's very much an individual choice, what fits your family. What sort of things are you looking for? Do you know if you want to be north or south of the river? A lot depends on where you're coming from too. From an inner city area in the UK most areas (not all) would look good. It's a good idea to rent first (although lots don't), to make sure the suburb you've chosen is the right one for you. That's what we're doing. Been here 4 weeks now and I'm not 100% sure it's the right place, but is anywhere? I'm getting a much better idea of what I do and don't want with areas and house types.

Loopy
Old May 6th 2003, 4:13 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Loopy
Depends what you're looking for Allison, Scarb & Ocean Reef expensive suburbs. There are some lovely areas with lower price tags and then some areas you'd want to stay clear of.

Best bet would be to come and look, everyone on here can offer an opinion but it's very much an individual choice, what fits your family. What sort of things are you looking for? Do you know if you want to be north or south of the river? A lot depends on where you're coming from too. From an inner city area in the UK most areas (not all) would look good. It's a good idea to rent first (although lots don't), to make sure the suburb you've chosen is the right one for you. That's what we're doing. Been here 4 weeks now and I'm not 100% sure it's the right place, but is anywhere? I'm getting a much better idea of what I do and don't want with areas and house types.

Loopy
Good reply I also think people need to rent before they leap ,its bloody expensive to move and it takes time to settle in and get a feel where you want to live.

Old May 6th 2003, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Default where is the best places to live

Originally posted by Loopy

Loopy
thankyou loopy and pm good advice ,can you tell me some of the bad places to avoid i have 2 children age 8 years and 6 months and wouldnt want a bad area
Old May 6th 2003, 6:26 pm
Banned

Default Re: where is the best places to live

thankyou loopy and pm good advice ,can you tell me some of the bad places to avoid i have 2 children age 8 years and 6 months and wouldnt want a bad area
Forget trying sort bad areas go for a good coastal surburb , I would try Mindarie still very good value its got a great marina or even Quinns Rocks the rents are on par with anywhere else and the area is what you would dream Australia should be.
For $200 per week in Quinns its still possible to get sea views in an older home you will love its old charm its worth a look go for old Quinns not the newer part , loads going on up there , far away enough from the city but near all the things that you will need .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.