Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where are nice suberbs in Perth?

Where are nice suberbs in Perth?

Old Feb 7th 2009, 10:40 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where are nice suberbs in Perth?

One advantage of heading for the newer suburbs in the Joondalup / Rockingham regions is that's where most new poms head for. Now you might get fed up of seeing dozens of poms in their soccer shirts driving their car with "I love Moan Utd" stickers after a while. But when you first come over there will be loads of other pasty white poms looking for new mates too so settling should be easier.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by worzel
One advantage of heading for the newer suburbs in the Joondalup / Rockingham regions is that's where most new poms head for. Now you might get fed up of seeing dozens of poms in their soccer shirts driving their car with "I love Moan Utd" stickers after a while. But when you first come over there will be loads of other pasty white poms looking for new mates too so settling should be easier.
yeah have to agree,i guess this is one of those posts where you just have to find whats right for you...as i said maybe rent for a while to get a feel for what your after, and do your research,forum like this are great but you only get another persons view of paradise.

"I love Moan Utd"
West Ham are playing them today...up the hammers
Old Feb 9th 2009, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I have lived in many places around perth and to be honest it doesnt matter where you go.

The houses here are big and self contained, so you typically wont see or have anything to do with your neighbors let alone anyone else on your street.

So really what does it matter what an areas like, I have never had any problems in any of the places and I have lived near the city, far north, south and am now in Balcatta, which some might consider a bit more of a rough area. But like I say as long as the house is nice, you have shops nearby, can get to work in 15minutes what does it matter what the areas like
Old Feb 9th 2009, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by WestcliffHigh
Personally I would avoid suburbs bordering the Perth-Armadale rail line . Really nice suburbs without being scary expensive are in the hills overlooking Perth ...Lesmurdie, Kalamunda , Gooseberry Hill no need to send kids to private schools , good community living & if a VN Commodore is cruising the streets casing houses it sticks out like a sore thumb !
We've been renting in Lesmurdie for 18 months and love it up in the hills, probably a bit warmer in the summer and cooler in the winter compared to the coast but that's why we have a pool and wood burner. Also we get great views driving down the hill on the way to work.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

islie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

we are in the process of moving out to perth next year. we have 2 young children and are looking for near the coast but not too expensive area. husband will be working in rockingham. where is the best area to look at.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:52 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

depending on what your hubbie does for a living but rockingham,port kennedy baldivis, secret harbour and safety bay are some good areas to start
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

JessicaJamie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have visited north and south and to be honest its down to your own opinion. try renting somewhere (maybe that is suggested) then try diffent times of the day to drive around, see how you feel about it then also stop and ask a few locals, ask in estate agents etc. don't rush into anything. we did it for our house in the uk and we have been happy there for quite some years until we visited my sis in oz and realised that WA was the place for us!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

sue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nice

Places like Joondalop are full of English like living back in the UK nice to get out and meet others also.
Noranda ,Ellenbrook,Aveley.
Lots like to come out here and carry on the life they had back home hanging out the pub every weekend stood at the bar in soccer tops where they have been stood since they left school just now in a diffrent country.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Twiglets is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Donrobo
and other british people in the same boat.
Where should i begin to look...
Manchester on Sea is where you'll want to be then (aka Joondalup).
Old Feb 20th 2009, 10:56 am
Just Joined

j3ssop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kevncarlz
hi there
i see you are in joondalup wot is it like there ( house prices,schools,shops etc..) just we are coming over hopfully june/july time but dont know anyone over there and was thinkin of that area.
we have jkust moved over and are living just outside joondallup it is lovely would highly recommend, would love to meet up with some other emglish ideally with young children a little lonley at the mo
Old Feb 20th 2009, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

islie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

my husband is going to be working on the submarines in the navy base in rockingham i think. so need a nice area nearby, reasonable distance for travelling. dont realy want an english town. would like to mix with australians. and english combined.