Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to live in NSW?

Where to live in NSW?

Old Jan 16th 2008, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of
Default Where to live in NSW?

Hi All

Hopefully I will be moving to NSW over the next 12 mths, all depending on job interview in 2 weeks.
For the first 6 mths I will have to work in Sydney and after that "hopefully" an area of my choice. I have been looking at Tweed Shire up north but I am open to suggestion!
I'm 38 moving with girlfriend, no children. Would like to be close to the coast, say no more than 30 min drive.
So fire away with your suggestions and why you recommend them.

Many thanks

John
Old Jan 16th 2008, 12:43 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in NSW?

Do you need the buzz of big town/city life ... or do you prefer the simple pleasures of a more rural way of life?
Old Jan 16th 2008, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

Hi

Deslate towns no thanks, but say pop from 20,000 to 200,000 if that makes sense. Somewhere that has a SELECTION of entertainment in the eveings etc.
Also I'm a keen hikist so trails forests etc. Thanks

John
Old Jan 16th 2008, 1:20 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John_R
Hi

Deslate towns no thanks, but say pop from 20,000 to 200,000 if that makes sense. Somewhere that has a SELECTION of entertainment in the eveings etc.
Also I'm a keen hikist so trails forests etc. Thanks

John
All I'd say is - use your six months in Sydney to travel both north, south and west of the city. I mean, we can all give recommendations (usually where we happen to be ) - but it's the sort of thing you just have to get out and experience yourself. I would say this much - don't forget that there's just as much of NSW to the south and west of Sydney as there is to the north. I'm no expert on north of Sydney, but you have places like Wollongong just an hour out of Sydney that have some great little places dotted around.