Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to Live Guides - anyone used them?

Where to Live Guides - anyone used them?

Old Dec 8th 2006, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

nsrjo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to Live Guides - anyone used them?

Has anyone used the Where to Live Guidebooks - http://www.where2live.info/

I'm thinking of getting the Gold Coast one as that's where we've decided to head for and was wondering if anyone's used/seen the guidebooks (as opposed to the downloads) and if so whether they thought they were any good or not.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 5:23 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where to Live Guides - anyone used them?

We have the guide for Greater Brisbane - its ok but I'm not sure we are any the wiser about which area to live in - nearly all suburbs have a similar thing written about them and just one or two say negative things - the info is all on the web anyway - house prices, types of household etc. There isn't an index and the table of contents is brief so looking up a particular suburb is tricky. Also for the Greater Brisbane one it doesn't cover North Lakes which is a pain. I would say it is nice to have something to look through but its not really value for money - worth seeing if you can get a second hand one.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Where to Live Guides - anyone used them?

Originally Posted by nsrjo1
Has anyone used the Where to Live Guidebooks - http://www.where2live.info/

I'm thinking of getting the Gold Coast one as that's where we've decided to head for and was wondering if anyone's used/seen the guidebooks (as opposed to the downloads) and if so whether they thought they were any good or not.
I have a copy of the book and I found the information it contains to be concise and practical. I would definitely recommend buying a copy.