Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

where to live in Aus

where to live in Aus

Old Nov 13th 2002, 4:21 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by aussie bloke
http://teachit.acreekps.vic.edu.au/c...r/ettamoga.htm
try this site for the Pub that Ceri refers to. although this is the one in NSW. the one in Queensland is the second one built. (same)
31 deg in Perth now forcast 37 for tomorrow, might go to the beach for a swim after work.
That's the one! ... you can see why I couldn't remember the name can't you..

cheers
Old Nov 13th 2002, 4:54 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by aussie bloke
http://teachit.acreekps.vic.edu.au/c...r/ettamoga.htm
try this site for the Pub that Ceri refers to. although this is the one in NSW. the one in Queensland is the second one built. (same)
31 deg in Perth now forcast 37 for tomorrow, might go to the beach for a swim after work.
Or maybe just stand outside later on Thursday when the storm that will arrive later in the day comes in?
Old Nov 13th 2002, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

aussie bloke is on a distinguished road

IDW12300
BUREAU OF METEOROLOGY
WESTERN AUSTRALIAN REGIONAL OFFICE

FORECAST FOR THE PERTH METROPOLITAN AREA
Issued at 11:41am WST on Wednesday the 13th of November 2002 for the remainder
of today and Thursday

FORECAST:
Fine today. S/SW winds tending E/NE overnight.
Hot tomorrow with NE winds and a possible thunderstorm towards evening.

TODAY'S TEMPERATURE: Maximum: 29
TOMORROW'S TEMPERATURES: Minimum: 15 Maximum: 37
TODAY'S UV INDEX: 13 [EXTREME]

TODAY'S FIRE DANGER: Coastal Plain: LOW
Hills: MODERATE

The overnight minimum was 9.4 at 0533 hours

A ridge of high pressure is expected to maintain fine, warm conditions in Perth
today. Thursday will be fine and hot. There is the chance of an evening
thunderstorm. Expect a fine partly cloudy cool change on Friday with fine and
mild conditions continuing on Saturday. Sunday should be warmer.

MEDIUM RANGE FORECAST FOR PERTH FOR:
Friday : Fine, cooler, partly cloudy. Min: 17 Max: 26
Saturday : Fine. Min: 13 Max: 24
Sunday : Fine. Min: 13 Max: 29

TREND FOR MONDAY, TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY:
Fine and mild. Maximum temperatures: Mid twenties.
Old Nov 13th 2002, 5:38 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Thursday will be fine and hot. There is the chance of an evening
thunderstorm. Expect a fine partly cloudy cool change on Friday with fine and
mild conditions continuing on Saturday.

YEAH?
Old Nov 17th 2002, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future
Default Joiner / Carpenter

To some extent you will be driven by job opportunities. Whilst your husband and I know the difference between a Joiner and a Carpenter I would say that the term Carpenter/Carpentry is used more so than Joinery in Australia.

Not being a Tradesmen myself I thought they fared well in Oz with 'portable long service leave levy' (that means an entitlement to ten weeks holiday after ten years with ANY employer ... most folk need ten year with a SINGLE employer to qualify) vacation loading of 17.5%, 9 Public/Bank Holidays and 13 RDOs (Rostered Days Off) and 10 days Holiday every year.

'course the Construction Industry is Unionized in Oz.
Old Nov 17th 2002, 10:03 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Stan....

Ive looked on your website and Im sure that it will provide lots of useful info for my hubby...
he is a carpenter/joiner here in the Uk...moving to Perth next summer hopefully....