Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where To Live In Adelaiade?

Where To Live In Adelaiade?

Old Sep 26th 2004, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

THE COMMUTER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where To Live In Adelaiade?

If All Goes To Plan In March /april 05 My Family Will Be Living In Adelaide But We Can't Decide Where Would Be Best For Us.
My Wifes A Nurse And Willl Be Looking For Hospital/clinic Work. We Have 3 Children Aged 6, 10 And 12.
We Hope To Have A Budget Of Around $ 300000 Aus.we Intend To Rent Initially But We Need To Find An Area With Good Easily Accessible Schools Where We Can Buy A House.
Anyone Got Any Advice/pointers/opinions?
Old Sep 26th 2004, 5:11 pm
Following our dream..Zzzz

Aussiemad is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Where To Live In Adelaiade?

Originally Posted by THE COMMUTER
If All Goes To Plan In March /april 05 My Family Will Be Living In Adelaide But We Can't Decide Where Would Be Best For Us.
My Wifes A Nurse And Willl Be Looking For Hospital/clinic Work. We Have 3 Children Aged 6, 10 And 12.
We Hope To Have A Budget Of Around $ 300000 Aus.we Intend To Rent Initially But We Need To Find An Area With Good Easily Accessible Schools Where We Can Buy A House.
Hi there, we too are hoping to go to Adelaide. Were hoping to be there for Jan/Feb 05. What's your timeline? We applied in June 04. I am a nurse too so were hoping for a result soon!! I have been speaking to Hospitals/Clinics in Adelaide for the last few weeks regarding employment opportunities and have had a good reception. With regards to where to live, I understand that Brighton is nice and has a lovely beach and excellent schools (BRIGHTON SECONDARY SCHOOL..they have a website), and it's pretty central for hospital work. With $300,000 you'd most probably be able to buy outright too so that's a bonus!! Were planning on renting in Hallett Cove initially, with a view to settling there. Hallet Cove too has a local school that is reception to Yr 12 (HALLET COVE SCHOOL website available) so both our kids will go to the same school despite their age difference which will be good as they go to the same school here. House prices are around $250,000 to $300,000 for a 3 bed house so again well within your price range. Where you live will also depend on your job too i would imagine?? My husband is a truck driver and will most probably find work around the port of Adelaide which will be about 1 hours drive from Hallett Cove so depending on what job you do, this might also inflence your decision....
Hope this helps a little!!
Aussiemad
Old Sep 26th 2004, 6:48 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where To Live In Adelaiade?

Originally Posted by THE COMMUTER
try this site,http://s2.invisionfree.com/adelaidebrits .............. mm
Old Sep 26th 2004, 8:47 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Lived in Adelaide for a while, Mrs Kentish is from there. If I was planning to settle in Adelaide there is only one place I would go. Glenelg. By the beach, nice area with plenty of shops, bars etc and half an hour by tram to the city centre.

Good luck!
Old Sep 26th 2004, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Aussiemad
Hi there, we too are hoping to go to Adelaide. Were hoping to be there for Jan/Feb 05. What's your timeline? We applied in June 04. I am a nurse too so were hoping for a result soon!! I have been speaking to Hospitals/Clinics in Adelaide for the last few weeks regarding employment opportunities and have had a good reception. With regards to where to live, I understand that Brighton is nice and has a lovely beach and excellent schools (BRIGHTON SECONDARY SCHOOL..they have a website), and it's pretty central for hospital work. With $300,000 you'd most probably be able to buy outright too so that's a bonus!! Were planning on renting in Hallett Cove initially, with a view to settling there. Hallet Cove too has a local school that is reception to Yr 12 (HALLET COVE SCHOOL website available) so both our kids will go to the same school despite their age difference which will be good as they go to the same school here. House prices are around $250,000 to $300,000 for a 3 bed house so again well within your price range. Where you live will also depend on your job too i would imagine?? My husband is a truck driver and will most probably find work around the port of Adelaide which will be about 1 hours drive from Hallett Cove so depending on what job you do, this might also inflence your decision....
Hope this helps a little!!
Aussiemad

I live in Hallett Cove. It wont take you an hour to get to the Port, more like 30 - 40mins