where to live?

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:15 am
Just Joined

boomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really nice
Default where to live?

hi there,
we are hoping to move to oz as soon as we can get things sorted but don't know where!
I am a nurse/midwife and my hubby is a joiner/site manager. we have 2 kids ages 7 & 9.
we don't want to be in a city but near to beaches, not too far from shops (even if by car) want nice weather (!) where the cost of living is reasonable and we can get a nice home for our money.
anyone got any ideas/suggestions
thanks, boomerang xxx
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where to live?

What do you call nice weather? One man's meat is another man's poison...
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

boomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really nice

true - sorry!
I guess any weather over there is better than here. I suppose I mean not too sweltering in the summer that it is hard to function and not too cold in winter that you need thermals!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

South East Melbourne or Bayside, Melbourne would be ideal, they are crying out for both joiners and nurses
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

I would suggest you take a look at the Mornington Peninsula http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mornington_Peninsula. Mt.Martha has lovely beaches and a good range of properties. It's very family friendly.

You do get seasons here so the winter is cold and wet but not as severe as the UK and you get a decent summer. It can be in the 40's in the summer but usually breaks after a couple of days and cools down again .

Last edited by Caroline G; Sep 3rd 2008 at 1:18 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Westernport side of the peninsula where I live is lovely, more open country and the towns are not spread out so that they retain their identity. Much easier for transport as we have the train and the bus

Close enough to beaches 20 mins away and there are lots to choose from.

South Frankston, Baxer, Somerville, Tyabb are close to everything.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:34 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4Margaret
Westernport side of the peninsula where I live is lovely, more open country and the towns are not spread out so that they retain their identity. Much easier for transport as we have the train and the bus

Close enough to beaches 20 mins away and there are lots to choose from.

South Frankston, Baxer, Somerville, Tyabb are close to everything.
Are you far from Main Ridge and Red Hill?