British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Where to Live (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/where-live-502554/)

JuilePaul Dec 31st 2007 10:09 am

Where to Live

Hi dont know if i am posting in the right section but this place has me confused!!!:confused:

We are hopefully looking to apply for a visa next year but currently just trying to check out areas in which to live in. We would preferably like to be near a beach which we can surf (not to bothered if we have to drive 30mins or so).

We have been looking around Adelaide area but are not sure about the surfing there - anyone help...?

Another area we have looked at is Bunbury in South West Australia (this place looks lovely and we believe there is a good surfing beach..!?!) does anyone know what the employment is like around here my other half is a Joiner/Carpenter...?!

Cheers

Julie x x x:D

Scrawni 2 Dec 31st 2007 3:37 pm

Re: Where to Live

Well, I don't even know where we will be settling and we are off next week :eek::eek:

But just thought I say hi and that I hope some is able to help.

Mandy

POW148 Dec 31st 2007 6:26 pm

With your partner being a chippie, he will have no problems getting work whereever you decide to go.

Bunbury is a really nice part of this country

Good Luck

JuilePaul Jan 1st 2008 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2 (Post 5723218)
Well, I don't even know where we will be settling and we are off next week :eek::eek:

But just thought I say hi and that I hope some is able to help.

Mandy

Thanx hope all goes well with the move etc!!!

Julie

Vin 'n Bin Jan 1st 2008 10:47 am

Originally Posted by JuilePaul (Post 5722559)
Hi dont know if i am posting in the right section but this place has me confused!!!:confused:

We are hopefully looking to apply for a visa next year but currently just trying to check out areas in which to live in. We would preferably like to be near a beach which we can surf (not to bothered if we have to drive 30mins or so).

We have been looking around Adelaide area but are not sure about the surfing there - anyone help...?

Another area we have looked at is Bunbury in South West Australia (this place looks lovely and we believe there is a good surfing beach..!?!) does anyone know what the employment is like around here my other half is a Joiner/Carpenter...?!

Cheers

Julie x x x:D

Although I love Adelaide and would go back there to live tomorrow,, I have to say that the surfing isn't half as good as Bunbury :)

JuilePaul Jan 1st 2008 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin (Post 5725517)
Although I love Adelaide and would go back there to live tomorrow,, I have to say that the surfing isn't half as good as Bunbury :)

Cheers for that whats the chances of work in Bunbury...?

Sally Simpson Jan 1st 2008 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by JuilePaul (Post 5725530)
Cheers for that whats the chances of work in Bunbury...?

Hi! If you put Bunbury into the search option, you should come up with a couple of really good threads. One of them was started by Daunted & a lot of people already in Bunbury post on there so you may find posing your questions on that thread will be better.
I would post the link but haven't worked out how to be technical yet!:o