Where to Live??

Old Apr 15th 2007, 8:47 pm
db1
Just Joined

db1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to Live??

I'm looking for your opinions on where to live. Now I know that everyone's is different. But maybe this will help. We like the beach, but not in a real big city (but not to far as well), affordable housing (were teachers), close driving to mountains (skiing if possible).

We've never been to Aussie but have become very interested in moving there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to Live??

If proximity to mountains for skiing is a real consideration then you only have two options. Victoria or NSW. They do get snow in Tasmania and you can ski there, I believe, but the skiing industry is not developed and there are no resorts as such.

The most obvious place for you is the SE outskirts of Melbourne. You can drive to the Victorian ski resorts within a couple of hours from Melbourne and of course it's on the coast. Check out the Mornington Peninsula.

Canberra is the closest city to the snow but away from the beach. Sydney is 5-6 hours drive to the snow - not impossible to do but a bit of an effort for just a weekend. You could also checkout the south coast of NSW - Wollongong and south.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where to Live??

Originally Posted by db1
I'm looking for your opinions on where to live. Now I know that everyone's is different. But maybe this will help. We like the beach, but not in a real big city (but not to far as well), affordable housing (were teachers), close driving to mountains (skiing if possible).

We've never been to Aussie but have become very interested in moving there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Hi, depending on how much you ski..i would choose a spot along the beautiful coast line in NSW and fly to the ski hills. Skiing is a short time in Australia. And the beches you will love!! swimming, snorkeling etc etc so much to do at the beach. and i just bet you would fall in love with that golden sand and that blue ocean with rolling waves into shore. Esp at Dawn and Sunset.

all the best ~maple