Where to live?

Old Apr 4th 2004, 11:34 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Where to live?

Hi All,
Myself, my partner and our 10yr lad (goin on 18) are hoping to be in Melbourne by June, as long as we can sell the house, I currently work at the car maker Jaguar cars on the Maintenence and have been told I can get an interview at the Ford factory in either Geelong or Broadmeadows, If I am successful then we will be lookin at locations around these regions, I have been looking alot lately at Point Cook, Altona and Hoppers Crossing, wots that all about!!, Ive heard its a bit rough around Broadmeadows and that Geelongs sposed to be really nice, does anyone work at the Ford plants and can they give me any insight into life at Ford as I dont really want to be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Also I was born in Sydney and was moved to England at the tender age of 3, will I still be viewed as a pommy pri** or will I get some street cred as a sort of "Aussie".
Any views would be apprecited
Fogzzzzzzz
Old Apr 4th 2004, 11:42 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fogmeister
Hoppers Crossing - thought to be named after a safe river crossing for kangaroos but in truth is where all the freemasons meet once each year for a grand BBQ.
Old Apr 4th 2004, 11:45 pm
The Outback Beast

LOL How quick was that reply, looks like I best start practicing me funny hand shakes then!
Old Apr 4th 2004, 11:55 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by fogmeister
LOL How quick was that reply, looks like I best start practicing me funny hand shakes then!
Stick with it as sure some serious replies will come.

Also try putting some of those names into the search box. You will definately find some info on Geelong as that has come up a few times recently. Really nice place by the sounds of it.
Old Apr 4th 2004, 11:58 pm
The Outback Beast

Nice1 Bix av a goodun
Old Apr 5th 2004, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

trehere is on a distinguished road

Me and my boyfriend moved out here in October last year for him to work for Ford in Broadmeadows. You are right, Broadmeadows seems pretty rough but there are some great areas around it. We are currently living in Port Melbourne which is close to the city and the sea - about 20k from Broadmeadows. It can be expensive though especially if you are looking for a family home.
In terms of Geelong, I have only really driven through it but would much rather live in Melbourne. Having said that in Geelong you are really close to the Great Ocean Road / Torquay etc where all the surfers etc from Melbourne escape to every weekend! Whatever you do if you get a job in Geelong don't live in Melbourne, the drive is long and boring!
A good site for investigating properties is www.realestate.com.au or www.domain.com.au
Old Apr 5th 2004, 8:14 am
The Outback Beast

Thanks for that Trehere, can't wait to get things moving this side
Old Apr 5th 2004, 10:35 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally posted by trehere
Me and my boyfriend moved out here in October last year for him to work for Ford in Broadmeadows.
Hello Trehere,
Welcome to the forum.
Not often someone who has already made the move joins the forum - stay with us and enjoy
Old Apr 5th 2004, 10:58 pm
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Also I was born in Sydney and was moved to England at the tender age of 3, will I still be viewed as a pommy pri** or will I get some street cred as a sort of "Aussie".
Any views would be apprecited
Fogzzzzzzz
No, you will be viewed as an Aussie pri** who moved to England at the tender age of 3

jib
Old Apr 5th 2004, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the welcome
Know how it feels to be waiting to get out here and not know what its going to be like so if I can reassure then I want to!

By the way, neither me or my boyfriend have had any adverse experiences for being pommies out here. Everyone has been so friendly and relaxed at both workplaces and not a bad word said!
Old Apr 5th 2004, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Also just noticed where you are from Bix. I came from Cornwall as well! Not all that different out here - blue skies, sunshine all the time.........hmmm. Missing proper cornish pasties though, they just aren't the same here.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 11:29 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jib
No, you will be viewed as an Aussie pri** who moved to England at the tender age of 3

jib

I have had no pommy bashing directed at myself at all, infact the opposite really, though the novelty value to the locals is begining to wear off now, thank god
Old Apr 6th 2004, 12:22 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally posted by trehere
Also just noticed where you are from Bix. I came from Cornwall as well! Not all that different out here - blue skies, sunshine all the time.........hmmm. Missing proper cornish pasties though, they just aren't the same here.
Hey, if the people on here came to Cornwall first they wouldn't want to go to OZ would they ? In fact I think thousands have and that's why I want to get out

I thought your name rang a Celtic bell. Knew an accountant of that name once called Adrian - any relation ?

I shall be okay with the pasties cos wife makes a beauty
Old Apr 6th 2004, 7:37 am
The Outback Beast

Thanx for that Jib, its put my mind at rest, if a get called a pommie pri**, I can just reply with Aussie A**hole
Old Apr 6th 2004, 7:49 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Thanx for that Jib, its put my mind at rest, if a get called a pommie pri**, I can just reply with Aussie A**hole

Well Well,

I think you will get called Pommie Pri**. Still does it matter. You are in australia nothing else matters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.