Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where has everybody gone?

Where has everybody gone?

Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:19 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Simple. The daffs are out and they're all smelling the flowers thanking their clay idols that they made it through another season of purgatory.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:26 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Simple. The daffs are out and they're all smelling the flowers thanking their clay idols that they made it through another season of purgatory.

Ahhhh, that'll be it. I knew there was a reason....
Old Apr 26th 2004, 9:10 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

One mans old timers are another mans newbies. This site does seem to go through really busy spells, then slows down a bit, then back up again.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

I think once you've participated in most of the great debates once or twice and given your opinions, many people just can't be bothered getting involved anymore.

That and the fact that when people finally make the move they almost always post much less - a good sign of a more fulfilling life in Oz
Old Apr 26th 2004, 9:42 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where has everybody gone?

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Who knows?, I was recently banned from the Deadside *****.co.uk for being too negative an influence!

Nobody realised for several days.
I'm thinking of implementing some mechanism to impose bans on people banned from other forums. What do you think, Don? Good idea?

Peter
Old Apr 26th 2004, 9:50 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
I honestly think that most of the old timers:
(WBB
Podgy Possum
Timber Floor
Steve Bannister
Neal
Tired With Twins
Grayling
etc etc.......................)

Jill

JEEZ!!!
I been called some things in my time, but never an old timer!!!!! I nearly spluttered coffee all over the keyboard...!!!!
May as well go choke meself now!!! (only joking, I know what you meant jill!)
I dont post much cos im not going now.......and once you've posted the link to the family benefit site about a dozen times you tend not to be bothered to do it again..!!
But......im still around.......cheering you all on from the wings!!!!

sue
Old Apr 26th 2004, 9:56 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
JEEZ!!!
I been called some things in my time, but never an old timer!!!!! I nearly spluttered coffee all over the keyboard...!!!!
May as well go choke meself now!!! (only joking, I know what you meant jill!)
I dont post much cos im not going now.......and once you've posted the link to the family benefit site about a dozen times you tend not to be bothered to do it again..!!
But......im still around.......cheering you all on from the wings!!!!

sue
You not going now? Why is that then TWT?
Old Apr 26th 2004, 10:02 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chippy
You not going now? Why is that then TWT?

me and hubby split up........like everyone says, you need a rock solid relationship to survive this immigration lark, and it made me realise that one of the reasons i wanted to go so badly was because we had such a crap relationship. Figured wouldnt be fair to go there and then split up.......so staying.

sue
Old Apr 26th 2004, 10:21 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sjn2003
I think once you've participated in most of the great debates once or twice and given your opinions, many people just can't be bothered getting involved anymore.
Hi
For me this is certainly the case.
Not only that but the debates themselves become so predictable
Look at the current one on 'crime'

As for answering specific queries it can get wearisome as most answers can be found by using the search facility which, to me, would seem an obvious starting point to newcomers yet we see the same questions being asked every few days.
I think 'burnout' sets in to some extent.
I still enjoy it when there is a good 'barney' going on though and sometimes like to add a little fuel to the fire

Another factor is that it is now the UK's turn for better weather so maybe those in 'freezing wet' Melbourne, Adelaide,Perth etc.etc. will now spend a bit more time indoors on their PCs while we in the Sunny Uk tell them about our BBQs

Still around
Best wishes

G

Last edited by Grayling; Apr 26th 2004 at 10:26 am.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

angelica will become famous soon enoughangelica will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by sjn2003
That and the fact that when people finally make the move they almost always post much less - a good sign of a more fulfilling life in Oz

Most people parp on so much about how great Oz is & that they cant wait to leave this crappy country that, when reality hits them in their new country that their old life wasnt so bad, there is no way they will lose face, swallow their pride & say so.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 10:32 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Grayling

Another factor is that it is now the UK's turn for better weather so maybe those in 'freezing wet' Melbourne, Adelaide,Perth etc.etc. will now spend a bit more time indoors on their PCs while we in the Sunny Uk tell them about our BBQs

Still around
Best wishes

G
How was your fishing ?

I see you are classed as an old timer now I still think of myself as a newcomer to the forum, yet we started at about the same time !

And its still BBQ weather here in QLD

Old Apr 26th 2004, 10:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
How was your fishing ?

I see you are classed as an old timer now I still think of myself as a newcomer to the forum, yet we started at about the same time !

And its still BBQ weather here in QLD
Fishing was poor. It was TOO hot

You had your bad period of weather in the summer. Too hot to be outside

Old Timer

Get back to you later when I've checked that info.

Best wishes

G
Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:53 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
me and hubby split up........like everyone says, you need a rock solid relationship to survive this immigration lark, and it made me realise that one of the reasons i wanted to go so badly was because we had such a crap relationship. Figured wouldnt be fair to go there and then split up.......so staying.

sue
Had a bit of a smile on me face when I read this. You probably think I'm weird for saying that, but it's because I think I understand what you are saying as much as anyone could (without sounding arrogant).

Me & Mrs.Chippy split up a while back, we stayed that way for three years, but then got back together, God knows how.

But you are right, you've got to be rock solid. I know that the only thing that could really scupper our plans in Oz would be a relationship breakdown, other than that, I'm really not in the least bit worried about anything at all.

The hilarious irony for us is that her brother is a marriage guidance counsellor in Brisbane (where we're going).

Anyway, take care.

Chippy
Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I think that you may find it a bit quieter on here the last couple of weeks as we have just had 2 weekends that have been Bank holiday in Australia. The first being Easter, and all this weekend and today Anzac weekend and people are out and about.

We have been very busy in the restaurant this weekend and today.

Things will probably get back to normal this week, but watch out as it is Mothers Day here on the 9th May, so that will definately be a quiet day, they will all be in my restaurant again hopefully.

Perhaps I could set the computer up for everyone to keep on posting.

Whisky
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:18 pm
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

[
Another factor is that it is now the UK's turn for better weather so maybe those in 'freezing wet' Melbourne, Adelaide,Perth

mmmm...freezing wet Perth!? T'was 28 degrees and clear blue skies here today 180kms south of Perth!! Not bad for autumn!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.