Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where has everybody gone?

Where has everybody gone?

Old Apr 25th 2004, 3:37 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where has everybody gone?

Is it me or has this forums members reduced?
A couple of months ago you would go into the Australia/New Zealand forum and the list of browsers used to fill the top of the page. Now it seems that that the list of names is about 25% of what it used to be.
I know WBB is in oz validating his visa, but did he really have that much pull?
Or is it that everybody has emmigrated?
Or has the forum lost its appeal?

Any reasons other than those?
Old Apr 25th 2004, 4:16 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Where has everybody gone?

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
A couple of months ago you would go into the Australia/New Zealand forum and the list of browsers used to fill the top of the page. Now it seems that that the list of names is about 25% of what it used to be.

I've been thinking eactly the same recently, used to have some real night time laughs on here, some great debates and some fantastic advice when feeling crap.

I honestly think that most of the old timers:
(WBB
Podgy Possum
Timber Floor
Steve Bannister
Neal
Tired With Twins
Grayling
etc etc.......................)

Circumstances have changed for them or have their visas they don't feel the need to 'chat' on here so much.

I know this may be only my view but now we have our visa it is not the same as that awful wait, so tend to post when we think we can help or we have an update, rather than joining in any great debate.
But hand on heart this site has really really helped me during that awful wait, but we are all moving on soon to start our new lives and may not need this site as a crutch.

Jill

Old Apr 25th 2004, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
I've been thinking eactly the same recently, used to have some real night time laughs on here, some great debates and some fantastic advice when feeling crap.

(WBB
Podgy Possum
Timber Floor
Steve Bannister
Neal
Tired With Twins
Grayling

Circumstances have changed for them or have their visas they don't feel the need to 'chat' on here so much.

I know this may be only my view but now we have our visa it is not the same as that awful wait, so tend to post when we think we can help or we have an update, rather than joining in any great debate.
But hand on heart this site has really really helped me during that awful wait, but we are all moving on soon to start our new lives and may not need this site as a crutch.

Jill
Perhaps all that is needed are a few oldtimers-in-the-making!

Given that details of the visa for which we hope to apply aren't even available yet, we're probably tomorrow's oldtimers
Old Apr 25th 2004, 4:51 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by Gravyman
Perhaps all that is needed are a few oldtimers-in-the-making!

Given that details of the visa for which we hope to apply aren't even available yet, we're probably tomorrow's oldtimers
Good luck and go forth...........

Jill

Old Apr 25th 2004, 4:53 pm
Go Banana's !!

By the way, I'm a saddo with hayfever who has come in from a lovely sunny afternoon and hasn't got any tablets yet!!

Jill
(that's how my eyes feel)

Old Apr 25th 2004, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, I'm a saddo with hayfever who has come in from a lovely sunny afternoon and hasn't got any tablets yet!!

Jill
(that's how my eyes feel)

Is that a tree pollen allergy you have and if so how are you going to react to Aus tree pollen?

Will it have any effect? Hmmmm

Mrs Gravyman
Old Apr 25th 2004, 5:07 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by Gravyman
Is that a tree pollen allergy you have and if so how are you going to react to Aus tree pollen?

Will it have any effect? Hmmmm

Mrs Gravyman

Have no idea. went out there this time last year, which is Autumn so it was great to be 'free' - started a thread about it a few months back - but the answer is I will find out when I get there as everyone is different. I am hoping we can live as close to the coast as poss and that maybe I might not be alergic to Oz pollen, some hope.
I'm only suffering 'cos I didn't get myself organised - this hot day has been a bit of a shock, usually have it under control.
With everything else going on clean forgot to get myself dosed up.

Can't drink now as that makes it worse!

Jill

Old Apr 25th 2004, 5:13 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

(WBB
Podgy Possum
Timber Floor
Steve Bannister
Neal
Tired With Twins
Grayling

Jill
Funny but your old timers aren't the same as mine, I guess it all really depends on when you first log on/ engage and who is active at that time.

You didn't mention (say) Dotty, Ceri, Wilf, PB, Gra, Slipper, Sky, Arlene, Southerner, deedee, Sandra etc etc
:
Old Apr 25th 2004, 5:22 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Funny but your old timers aren't the same as mine, I guess it all really depends on when you first log on/ engage and who is active at that time.

You didn't mention (say) Dotty, Ceri, Wilf, PB, Gra, Slipper, Sky, Arlene, Southerner, deedee, Sandra etc etc
:
Some a bit before my time and couldn't remember all the names but do know PB was said to be great fun!

Forgot about Dotty (back in the UK I think - she did do a farewell message) and wasn't Ceri the one who had the big row with WBB ??

There are lots more that I have noticed haven't posted and it isn't until they occassionally post that I remember them! such as Tazzy.

Hope you stay around, 'cos you have a name I can remember

Jill

Old Apr 25th 2004, 5:32 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you stay around, 'cos you have a name I can remember

Jill
Who knows?, I was recently banned from the Deadside *****.co.uk for being too negative an influence!

Nobody realised for several days.
Old Apr 25th 2004, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by pleasancefamily

:
Yes Don I remember most of those - where did Wilf disappear to then. Then there was TerryG and Sindy and Bill and lots of others..........
Old Apr 25th 2004, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Tend to agree.....the last couple of weeks has been soooo boorrriinngg
Old Apr 25th 2004, 7:08 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

think a lot suffering from visa application burn out !

all the best plum ( formally know as plumber39 )
Old Apr 25th 2004, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys I think there are a lot of new people just registered and are just starting out with their applications.And also a lot of people I reckon have probably had their dreams shattered by the extra 5 points etc and feel there is no point on coming on this site anymore.I may be wrong but thats my theory.There have also been no end of people who have recently got their Visas and are probably busy with everything else.
Myself I am one of the sad ones on the waiting list and do not to expect to hear anything for another 6 months so I am still well and truly hooked but also busy with 2 young children.
All the best to everyone still waiting I think this site is brill and keeps me going when the doubts start creeping in.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 3:12 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND

Possible Reasons:-[list=1][*] More people have found out how to hide themselves, so they can read and post without being visible.[*] Some have moved over to The Locker Room forum[*] Some have moved over to the Take it Outside! forum[*] And of course the Aussies now spend more time outside, now that the summer is over here - at least in QLD [/list=1]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.