Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to go for plastering work Adelaide or Melbourne

Where to go for plastering work Adelaide or Melbourne

Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

debsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant future
Default Where to go for plastering work Adelaide or Melbourne

Hi

Can anyone please advise me as to where would be a better place to look for plastering work, I have been taking a look at Adelaide but do quite like Melbourne.

Is there more building work in Adelaide or Melbourne please? What is the salary that my partner could expect to earn in both places?

Kind regards

Debbie
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:07 pm
Essex to Oz

Niccizoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to go for plastering work Adelaide or Melbourne

Hiya

We have been told the plasterings all in Perth but its everywhere really, the wages sound great aswell

Nicci
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

dairic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debsnshaun
Hi

Can anyone please advise me as to where would be a better place to look for plastering work, I have been taking a look at Adelaide but do quite like Melbourne.

Is there more building work in Adelaide or Melbourne please? What is the salary that my partner could expect to earn in both places?

Kind regards

Debbie
Hi,
have you done the tra yet? if so how much detail did you put into it as i am a plasterer and am getting confused, also looking at melbourne
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:15 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Perth
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:59 am
The Harlows

nadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the roughnadineopotiki is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SalSa
Perth
Hi there wot about cabinet making/carpenter any comments on that we dont know where to head.

Very confused!!!!!!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:27 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nadineopotiki
Hi there wot about cabinet making/carpenter any comments on that we dont know where to head.

Very confused!!!!!!
Dunno!

Sorry! Only know plastering!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:38 am
Just Joined

dedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud ofdedicate2 has much to be proud of

It might be worth knowing that 'plasterers' here stick plasterboard to frames and skim the edges. That's pretty much all.

We wanted our walls skimmed properly and discovered that we needed someone who could do 'solid plastering'. Typically they also do outside rendering as well.

We found an excellent solid plasterer (who was an expat by the way) but it wasn't easy. Australians don't seem to expect the glass like perfection that a UK plasterer can achieve with a wet brush.