British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   where to go? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/where-go-494246/)

whitters Nov 16th 2007 4:35 am

where to go?

Good day all, I’m new to the forum and looking for some sage advice. I have the opportunity to enroll in an employee exchange program through my company. They assist with visas and help with the details. I have the option to work in Australia for 12 or 24 months. Anyway I (and the wife) am trying to decide where to go. We have offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Hervey Bay, Maroochydore, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney and Townsville. I am only really only considering moving to Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane. As I have very little knowledge of the country please could I have some assistance from those who know? I would proffer staying in a place not too far from the beach, more relaxed pace of life and where living costs are not silly. Any advice is appreciated.

Wendy Nov 16th 2007 5:25 am

Re: where to go?

Originally Posted by whitters (Post 5561074)
I would proffer staying in a place not too far from the beach, more relaxed pace of life and where living costs are not silly. Any advice is appreciated.

Adelaide :thumbsup: Fits all that criteria ;)

iwilldoit Nov 16th 2007 6:11 am

Good day all, I’m new to the forum and looking for some sage advice. I have the opportunity to enroll in an employee exchange program through my company. They assist with visas and help with the details. I have the option to work in Australia for 12 or 24 months. Anyway I (and the wife) am trying to decide where to go. We have offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Hervey Bay, Maroochydore, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney and Townsville. I am only really only considering moving to Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane. As I have very little knowledge of the country please could I have some assistance from those who know? I would proffer staying in a place not too far from the beach, more relaxed pace of life and where living costs are not silly. Any advice is appreciated.

Hi
Well im off to townsville...so im pushing for there....as for the cost of living wellllllllllli think there is very little difference...for me if there are stunning beaches.....good restaurants.....and an ok size town.....thats for me..................good luck in your decision :thumbsup:

Demented Ferret Nov 16th 2007 6:22 am

We live in Brisbane, but would love the chance to live on Sunshine coast, But work and house prices force us towards a great city. So i would choose maroochydore, great beaches, more relaxed than city but still driveable 1 hour. Go for it.

sals Nov 16th 2007 9:13 am

Originally Posted by iwilldoit (Post 5561239)
Hi
Well im off to townsville...so im pushing for there....as for the cost of living wellllllllllli think there is very little difference...for me if there are stunning beaches.....good restaurants.....and an ok size town.....thats for me..................good luck in your decision :thumbsup:

Me too, I'm also off to Townsville for all above reasons :D Jan 08

Sam Nov 16th 2007 9:28 am

You don't want to come to Perth

It's full of Hoons and ASTON MAN'S :rofl:

No ok i'll be honest

If your looking for a quiet, relaxed pace of life then Perth is the place but be warned it really is slower paced than the rest of Oz! :thumbsup: