where to go?

Old Nov 16th 2007, 4:35 am
Just Joined

whitters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where to go?

Good day all, I’m new to the forum and looking for some sage advice. I have the opportunity to enroll in an employee exchange program through my company. They assist with visas and help with the details. I have the option to work in Australia for 12 or 24 months. Anyway I (and the wife) am trying to decide where to go. We have offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Hervey Bay, Maroochydore, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney and Townsville. I am only really only considering moving to Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane. As I have very little knowledge of the country please could I have some assistance from those who know? I would proffer staying in a place not too far from the beach, more relaxed pace of life and where living costs are not silly. Any advice is appreciated.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where to go?

Originally Posted by whitters
I would proffer staying in a place not too far from the beach, more relaxed pace of life and where living costs are not silly. Any advice is appreciated.

Adelaide Fits all that criteria
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Good day all, I’m new to the forum and looking for some sage advice. I have the opportunity to enroll in an employee exchange program through my company. They assist with visas and help with the details. I have the option to work in Australia for 12 or 24 months. Anyway I (and the wife) am trying to decide where to go. We have offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Hervey Bay, Maroochydore, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney and Townsville. I am only really only considering moving to Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane. As I have very little knowledge of the country please could I have some assistance from those who know? I would proffer staying in a place not too far from the beach, more relaxed pace of life and where living costs are not silly. Any advice is appreciated.
Hi
Well im off to townsville...so im pushing for there....as for the cost of living wellllllllllli think there is very little difference...for me if there are stunning beaches.....good restaurants.....and an ok size town.....thats for me..................good luck in your decision
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

We live in Brisbane, but would love the chance to live on Sunshine coast, But work and house prices force us towards a great city. So i would choose maroochydore, great beaches, more relaxed than city but still driveable 1 hour. Go for it.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by iwilldoit
Hi
Well im off to townsville...so im pushing for there....as for the cost of living wellllllllllli think there is very little difference...for me if there are stunning beaches.....good restaurants.....and an ok size town.....thats for me..................good luck in your decision
Me too, I'm also off to Townsville for all above reasons Jan 08
Old Nov 16th 2007, 9:28 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

You don't want to come to Perth

It's full of Hoons and ASTON MAN'S

No ok i'll be honest

If your looking for a quiet, relaxed pace of life then Perth is the place but be warned it really is slower paced than the rest of Oz!