Where to go!!!!

Old Oct 21st 2005, 1:37 pm

martin and sharon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to go!!!!

Received application acknowledgement on 11th October but are still unsure where to go. hubby is a Chippie and have two girls aged 7 and 9. We have looked at Perth, NSW (Wollongong) and Brisbane. Have done a lot of research into all of them but have yet to make a decision.

Anyone got any suggestions? It would be really appreciated!

Sharon and Martin
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to go!!!!

[QUOTE=martin and sharon]Received application acknowledgement on 11th October but are still unsure where to go. hubby is a Chippie and have two girls aged 7 and 9. We have looked at Perth, NSW (Wollongong) and Brisbane. Have done a lot of research into all of them but have yet to make a decision.

Sharon and Martin

If I remember correctly there are a few posts on here about the humidity in QLD and how hard it is for chippies and roofers to work in the conditions. Having said that I've never been to Brisbane or Wollongong so can't really give an opinion.

As far as Perth is concerned the heat is a dry heat there and so maybe it would be better to work there. My hubby is a chippie too and we are hoping to go to Perth

Suzy x
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

go for Melbourne. All good over here and no worries about weather, rains a few times but I guess that means a holiday
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:18 pm

[QUOTE=suzy]
Originally Posted by martin and sharon
Received application acknowledgement on 11th October but are still unsure where to go. hubby is a Chippie and have two girls aged 7 and 9. We have looked at Perth, NSW (Wollongong) and Brisbane. Have done a lot of research into all of them but have yet to make a decision.

Sharon and Martin

If I remember correctly there are a few posts on here about the humidity in QLD and how hard it is for chippies and roofers to work in the conditions. Having said that I've never been to Brisbane or Wollongong so can't really give an opinion.

As far as Perth is concerned the heat is a dry heat there and so maybe it would be better to work there. My hubby is a chippie too and we are hoping to go to Perth

Suzy x
Suzy,

Cheers for replying!

Have you got friends or family in Perth? What made you decide to go there?

When are you hoping to go. My hubby is talking about putting the house on the market after Christmas, but I don`t want to count my chickens (or should that be chucks)!

Sharon
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=martin and sharon]
Originally Posted by suzy

Suzy,

Cheers for replying!

Have you got friends or family in Perth? What made you decide to go there?

When are you hoping to go. My hubby is talking about putting the house on the market after Christmas, but I don`t want to count my chickens (or should that be chucks)!

Sharon
Will pm you when I get back from the school run.

Suzy x
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder
go for Melbourne. All good over here and no worries about weather, rains a few times but I guess that means a holiday

Bhoywonder,

Not sure why, but Melbourne is somewhere that we have`nt even considered....... until now. I`ll start looking into there (boy my hubby is going to love me!) As for the rain, I`m used to it living near Manchester. Cheers.

Sharon
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:25 pm

[QUOTE=suzy]

Will pm you when I get back from the school run.

Suzy x

Suzy,

Oh Sh`t! Didn`t realise it was that time already. I`ll get my running shoes on and catch up with you later. The kids will think they`re at boarding school if i don`t get a move on.

Speak soon

Sharon
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:33 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Wagga Wagga...
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by skywalker
Wagga Wagga...

Skywalker,

Why Wagga Wagga?

Sharon
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:08 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Just joking! Try a research on job sites to find more...
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:15 pm
Meow!

TigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud of

Hello Sharon and Martin,

Please come to Perth....

Seriously there is plenty of work for chippies out here and it is a truly beautiful place, have you visited before?

If you need to find out/know anything please dont hesitate to ask.

TigerFeet

Sharon and Martin
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by TigerFeet
Hello Sharon and Martin,

Please come to Perth....

Seriously there is plenty of work for chippies out here and it is a truly beautiful place, have you visited before?

If you need to find out/know anything please dont hesitate to ask.

TigerFeet
TigerFeet,

No we`ve never visited before. We want to be near to a beach, but don`t want to be slap bang in a town centre. What areas around Perth should we stay away from? What areas do you recommend?

Cheers

Sharon
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:26 pm
Meow!

TigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud of

From what I ve seen there are no probs living near a beach as most of the coastal areas are really beautiful. However they come at a cost! So its personal choice really.

Areas in Perth...

Although we had been to Oz before we hadnt been to Perth before. What we did when we arrived was to drive around all the different areas. Its pretty obvious which are the nice and the not so nice.

Do you have any areas in mind?

TF

TigerFeet,

No we`ve never visited before. We want to be near to a beach, but don`t want to be slap bang in a town centre. What areas around Perth should we stay away from? What areas do you recommend?

Cheers

Sharon
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

The Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant futureThe Bowles Family has a brilliant future

From what I ve seen there are no probs living near a beach as most of the coastal areas are really beautiful. However they come at a cost! So its personal choice really.

Areas in Perth...

Although we had been to Oz before we hadnt been to Perth before. What we did when we arrived was to drive around all the different areas. Its pretty obvious which are the nice and the not so nice.

TF
Hi Tigerfeet

Read your earlier posts how are you doing? I am in Scotland now thinking of making the move to Perth all your advice is really helpful thank you xx
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:32 pm

Areas in Perth...

TF

TigerFeet,

Unfortunately no. That`s why we need as much help and advice as possible.
Where abouts are you?

Sharon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.