Reload this Page >

where does everyone hide?

where does everyone hide?

Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:38 am
Just Joined

outbacktash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where does everyone hide?

Hi all,

I arrived here 3 months ago and I'm staying with my sister and her family at the mo. I'm really enjoying it, although having gone through the usual rollercoaster of emotions etc. I'm just starting up casual teaching, having finally got registered (takes a while..). So will soon be able to afford to get out and about a bit more!! I was just wondering where everyone goes out to meet people? I'm looking forward to getting my social life back and active again, but just not sure where everyone hides out... I'm in the Hills District, NSW. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 9th 2006, 10:06 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: where does everyone hide?

Originally Posted by outbacktash
Hi all,

I arrived here 3 months ago and I'm staying with my sister and her family at the mo. I'm really enjoying it, although having gone through the usual rollercoaster of emotions etc. I'm just starting up casual teaching, having finally got registered (takes a while..). So will soon be able to afford to get out and about a bit more!! I was just wondering where everyone goes out to meet people? I'm looking forward to getting my social life back and active again, but just not sure where everyone hides out... I'm in the Hills District, NSW. Any suggestions?
Well don't try the over 30s nights. Didn't know they were such a meat market
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where does everyone hide?

Originally Posted by outbacktash
Hi all,

Since I moved to the US I joined an internet based group for people in our area. It's really great for meeting people - I have been for coffee, happy hour, dinner, and they also have trips to the theatre, zoo, shopping, picnics etc, whatever tickles your fancy really. We always meet in public places so it feels really safe, and of course i always tell someone where i will be. I have met a couple of odd people, but also a load of really nice ones so it was worth the weirdo's for that - i just didn't meet up with them again! It is a yahoo group (you can find them by searching on the yahoo groups website http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/ but I actually found it initially on craigslist. Do a search on yahoo groups based on your area and see what comes up.