Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where do you buy British products?

Where do you buy British products?

Old Oct 6th 2006, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

RichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where do you buy British products?

Hello iPom.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 1:32 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom

When in Rome ....
Feed a Christian to the Lions?
Old Oct 6th 2006, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Sainsbury, Asda, Kwiksave, Morrisons, Tesco

Old Oct 6th 2006, 2:51 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RichP
Hello iPom.
Hello Rich ... to you too.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:02 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
You're right. A shop that sold stuff that wasn't overpriced Chinese crap. You'd be an overnight success.
Just not selling Chinese crap at all would be good enough for me...
Old Oct 6th 2006, 7:51 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I don't buy anything British whatsoever. Don't miss anything that badly.
I did see 'Wheat Biscuits' in Coles the other day, which were Weetabix, but branded differently although same packaging, as there are already Sanitarium Weetbix here.
They were $12 for 24. You gotta be kidding right?

When in Rome ....
I felt the same until my brother bought me some genuine UK cadbury mini eggs. He has gone home today and for the first time in 16 months I feel quite sad
Old Oct 6th 2006, 7:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
I felt the same until my brother bought me some genuine UK cadbury mini eggs. He has gone home today and for the first time in 16 months I feel quite sad
I hope because you're missing him and not the lack of mini eggs?
Old Oct 6th 2006, 7:57 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I hope because you're missing him and not the lack of mini eggs?
he left a stash of mini eggs. We have had 3 loads of visitors this year and no more planned now. Just feels like it might be a while before we see anyone from UK again. Didn't expect to feel sad about that but feelings can sneak up on you.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

My Daughter was missing Helmans mayo but coles now have it amongst all the other mayo so problem solved

Di
Old Oct 6th 2006, 8:50 am
Account Closed

he left a stash of mini eggs. We have had 3 loads of visitors this year and no more planned now. Just feels like it might be a while before we see anyone from UK again. Didn't expect to feel sad about that but feelings can sneak up on you.
I know what you mean. I miss my sister so badly and my best friend. I just heard my best friend is planning on trying to emigrate to NZ so if she gets in, we can visit. I can't wait to see her. My sis might visit next year so I'm really excited about that.

I hope she doesn't forget the mini eggs.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 8:53 am
Gutter Gob!!

I know what you mean. I miss my sister so badly and my best friend. I just heard my best friend is planning on trying to emigrate to NZ so if she gets in, we can visit. I can't wait to see her. My sis might visit next year so I'm really excited about that.

I hope she doesn't forget the mini eggs.

He came here with a bag full of UK chocs and crisps for us and filled the same bag going home with cherry ripes and twisties for his rugby team mate aussie Tom.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:27 am
Account Closed

... going home with cherry ripes and twisties...

yeah, now it all becomes clear.. .we know the real reason behind his visit.

Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=stevemich]I am sure there would be quite a bit of interest - although personally speaking, I do not understand wanting to have UK food abroad... eating the food of the country you are in is part of calling it home

Agree
Old Oct 6th 2006, 11:46 am
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RichP
Hi,

Do you guys/girls miss any British products?

Is there anyway to get them? i.e British clothes, hardware, food, etc.

Would there be any interest in an online store focusing on Brit stuff?

Thanks,

Rich
Rich, there are loads of British Goods sites on the net, do a search on Google.
I reckon you will be one of many. Anyway, whats wrong with waxy chocolate, kangaroo and Chineese clothing?

Paul

Last edited by Rachel & Paul; Oct 6th 2006 at 11:50 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 10:16 am
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future

I read somewhere on here that My Mate is the same as British Marmite. While I'm not entirely convinced, I'm prepared to give it a go (worth a try instead of paying $18 for a 250g jar which I currently do fairly happily).

Does anyone know where on the Sunshine Coast I can find My Mate? I can't find it in Woolworth's in Currimundi or Coles in Caloundra.

Thanks

Mrs PWBCSA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.