Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where do Meds get sent to?

Where do Meds get sent to?

Old Jun 18th 2004, 4:34 pm
PommieLeague

Default Where do Meds get sent to?

When applicants are categorised as 'B' on the form 26, where do DIMIA send them and what is involved?
Cheers

Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

They send them to Sydney where they look a little further into the medical issues.

I think
Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

From slightly hazy recollection they get sent to Adelaide where they will be looked at by one of DIMIA's in-house doctors. They can make a spot judgement, such as they did with my asthma which they considered not a big deal.

I presume by extrapolation that they can recommend your application be rejected.

However in many cases they can ask for more details about a condition. This they did for my daughter who has a genetic disorder. The request for details comes via post and contains a sealed letter that can only be opened by one of their approved doctors - for instance the one where you had your medical. This resulted in my having to send some of my daughter's medical notes to DIMIA.

You didn't mention on what grounds you got a 'B' rating, but unless it is very heavy duty condition I wouldn't worry. If I can get my daughter through the process without lying or telling half-truths - just by being straight on open - I trust that you can, and that on reading this you'll sleep a bit lighter.

Good luck
Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:34 pm
PommieLeague

Originally posted by wongstonn
From slightly hazy recollection they get sent to Adelaide where they will be looked at by one of DIMIA's in-house doctors. They can make a spot judgement, such as they did with my asthma which they considered not a big deal.

I presume by extrapolation that they can recommend your application be rejected.

However in many cases they can ask for more details about a condition. This they did for my daughter who has a genetic disorder. The request for details comes via post and contains a sealed letter that can only be opened by one of their approved doctors - for instance the one where you had your medical. This resulted in my having to send some of my daughter's medical notes to DIMIA.

You didn't mention on what grounds you got a 'B' rating, but unless it is very heavy duty condition I wouldn't worry. If I can get my daughter through the process without lying or telling half-truths - just by being straight on open - I trust that you can, and that on reading this you'll sleep a bit lighter.

Good luck
My xrays showed up that i have a birth defect with my diaphram and that one lung was slighter shorter because of it, the Doc who did the med said that it isnt an issue in the UK, so it shouldnt be in Aus.
Also my BMI was just under 35, at 34.79, i believe I should be ok there. Thats it.

Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Lathlain
Also my BMI was just under 35, at 34.79, i believe I should be ok there. Thats it.
Lathlain, my BMI was 40, I was a catagory B and my visa took about a month.
wongstonn is right they send it to Adelaide.
So hopefully yours shouldn't be long now!