Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where Do Medicals Go???

Where Do Medicals Go???

Old Jan 31st 2005, 4:02 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough
Default Where Do Medicals Go???

I am due to talk to GP tomorrow to give her our File Number to send off our Medicals. We are sending them unrequested. Where should she send them? Our Visa is a Skilled Independent (MODL) and is currently in Adelaide. Should our medicals follow to Adelaide or go to Sydney
Thanks for any advice
Carolyn
Old Jan 31st 2005, 5:11 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where Do Medicals Go???

Originally Posted by NAC
I am due to talk to GP tomorrow to give her our File Number to send off our Medicals. We are sending them unrequested. Where should she send them? Our Visa is a Skilled Independent (MODL) and is currently in Adelaide. Should our medicals follow to Adelaide or go to Sydney
Thanks for any advice
Carolyn
Hi
As I am doing the same I just wondered how you got your case file number? My visa application was sent today and I am going for medicals on Thursday - by the time the blood results are back the Dr probably won't send medicals for another 2 weeks or so - will I get a case number in this space of time?

Will your Dr not know where to send medicals? - I am sure they get very specific instructions of where to send them.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else can clarify this. Good luck with your application - what occupation are you on the MODL? I am a nurse.

Lynn
Old Jan 31st 2005, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road

we too have had our medicals done and someone on adelaidebrits said they emailed DIMIA in adelaide and got their case officers name and their file number. I have done this and am waiting for a reply. The medicals go to Sydney by t he way

sally

I will let you know if the dimia reply
Old Jan 31st 2005, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hi Your meds will go straight to Sydney.
Your panel doctor should have the address to send it to.
Karen x
Old Jan 31st 2005, 5:43 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ovenater
we too have had our medicals done and someone on adelaidebrits said they emailed DIMIA in adelaide and got their case officers name and their file number. I have done this and am waiting for a reply. The medicals go to Sydney by t he way

sally

I will let you know if the dimia reply
Hi Sally

Thanks for that - how quickly after DIMIA recieving an application can you e-mail? I just wonder if you get a case file number as soon as they debit your credit card?

Lynn
Old Jan 31st 2005, 8:31 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone for clarifying that!! Of to Sydney they go!
Our Visa Application was lodged on 17th Jan, arrived in Adelaide 24th Jan, Money debited from Credit Card 26th Jan (never been so glad to see over £700 taken from me!!) and then acknowledgement e-mail with file number sent on 31st Jan (to Agent).
Although the e-mail gave File Number it did say another confirmation to follow with name of Case Officer and other documentation required.
Thanks again