Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

where do i start?????????

where do i start?????????

Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:45 am
Just Joined

mel n jay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where do i start?????????

There's myself my wife and two sons.I work night-shift as a supervisor at a leading sports company(hate it)my wife is the professional and then there are my two sons ones sport mad and the other gun mad.We have our meds next week and our sponsor is waiting on his interview with CentreLink so not long to go fingers crossed.We will be going to Queensland probably nearer Brisbane.My wife has been before and has always wanted to go back i need to change my life by"getting a new life" working nights can be hard on your family because it disrupts so many things so i am up for the move.Then there is the youngest bless him he likes BB guns, at the moment he has a British Assault Rifle(£65)BB gun i might add, ddidn'thave them like that when i was a kid it looks bloody good though. All he is interested in is can he have a pool and lots of woods to play in.The one we are going to have a problem with is the eldest 13.He is sport mad very good at any sport he tries.His cricket season has just ended and his rugby season just started.Cricket is his first love and even as his dad speaking he is very good and thats the problem he loves his local club so what we said is that we would go for a holiday try to get him some practice sessions with a local club over there to hopefully change his mind.There is Ellie the Saint Bernard she will be coming Molly the Persian cat hopefully won't be coming and two guinea pigs Smudge and Fudge definitely not going (by the way the dogs mine)i just seem to clean up after the others.So that is a small introduction into my family and hope to have everything completed soon.I'm not used to typing it took me a long time to do this.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

WacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: where do i start?????????

Welcome.
I am relatively new to this site, but everyone seems friendly and most helpful.
Use the search button to look for past questions which may be of some interest to you.
Good luck with your visa, the waiting is the worst.
Wac and Jill
North Wales
Old Sep 28th 2005, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Smile Re: where do i start?????????

Originally Posted by mel n jay
There's myself my wife and two sons.I work night-shift as a supervisor at a leading sports company(hate it)my wife is the professional and then there are my two sons ones sport mad and the other gun mad.We have our meds next week and our sponsor is waiting on his interview with CentreLink so not long to go fingers crossed.We will be going to Queensland probably nearer Brisbane.My wife has been before and has always wanted to go back i need to change my life by"getting a new life" working nights can be hard on your family because it disrupts so many things so i am up for the move.Then there is the youngest bless him he likes BB guns, at the moment he has a British Assault Rifle(£65)BB gun i might add, ddidn'thave them like that when i was a kid it looks bloody good though. All he is interested in is can he have a pool and lots of woods to play in.The one we are going to have a problem with is the eldest 13.He is sport mad very good at any sport he tries.His cricket season has just ended and his rugby season just started.Cricket is his first love and even as his dad speaking he is very good and thats the problem he loves his local club so what we said is that we would go for a holiday try to get him some practice sessions with a local club over there to hopefully change his mind.There is Ellie the Saint Bernard she will be coming Molly the Persian cat hopefully won't be coming and two guinea pigs Smudge and Fudge definitely not going (by the way the dogs mine)i just seem to clean up after the others.So that is a small introduction into my family and hope to have everything completed soon.I'm not used to typing it took me a long time to do this.

Just like to say hi and welcome to the site!! hopefully going to somewhere near Brisbane next year and have two mad on sports boys!!! football is their thing! and 1 girl (who is just mad)!!LOL. Where are you heading for? The eldest boy is also 13 nearly 14 (thinks he's 18though)!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome from one Newbie to another!! (Though I notice you have been registered here for a while).

We too are Brisbane bound but we are at the early stages of the process, awaiting an answer from the TRA. I'm sure there will be more and better facilities for your son to play cricket over there than there are here and the weather will certainly be an improvement.

Good luck to you!!!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:41 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mel n jay
Welcome and congrats on the speel you've typed.

Hope you find the site useful.

Cheers

Ginny