Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where do I live???

Where do I live???

Old May 21st 2003, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

vivienne171 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Where do I live???

Hi.... does anyone out there know what the Logan area of Brisbane, Queensland is like ??? Have got all my documents visa citizenship etc but have no idea where to move to, or what different areas are like ...... HELP !!!!!
Old May 21st 2003, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where do I live???

Originally posted by vivienne171
Hi.... does anyone out there know what the Logan area of Brisbane, Queensland is like ??? Have got all my documents visa citizenship etc but have no idea where to move to, or what different areas are like ...... HELP !!!!!

Not a partcular good area of Brisbane, about 25k from CBD, lots of cheap houseing, but also lots of large sections. There would be good and bad suburbs in Logan, and if you look around you should be able to find one of the good ones

It's not actually part of Brisbane it's got it's own council, LoganCity, good transport links as it's beside the main Gold Coast Brisbane motorway.
Old May 22nd 2003, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Thanks for reply....I was looking to move to the Beenliegh area of Logan City...Any other suggestions ??
Old May 22nd 2003, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by vivienne171
Thanks for reply....I was looking to move to the Beenliegh area of Logan City...Any other suggestions ??

Beenliegh is not in Logancity, and my above comments would not apply to Beenliegh. Seems quite a pleasant commuter town 30 or 40kms from CBD.
Old May 23rd 2003, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

jah4reds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where do I live???

Logan has plenty of cheap housing and appropriate people to live in them (hint, hint). Beenleigh is better (I think).

When you nominate where you are going to live I thought the immigration officials were looking to see if you going a low-population area (ie rural) which I think gets extra points. Logan/Beenleigh is in the QLD South-east quadrant and I'd imagine will be considered to be a high-population density area.

So I don't think you need to be that precise when you nominate a location - Brisbane would do even if you end up living in Logan or Beenleigh anyway. Need to confirm this though.

AndyH.
Old May 23rd 2003, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Default thanks for help...now how to rent ???

Thanks all for helpful replies !!
Will look more into Beenliegh area ...have tried to contact a estate agents via internet as I am looking to rent initialy but have not had any replies....has been a few days now !!I have sold my house in England and am ready to go really!
I have explained to estate agents that I will pay for 6 months in advance on the rent , as we havnt got references....and also pay a "bond" for my dog , but no one wants to reply.....