Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where do I begin the process?

Where do I begin the process?

Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where do I begin the process?

Hi, I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction.

I am thinking of emigrating to OZ with my missuss and 2 kids. Where do I get the forms from or do I apply online?

Will being married help or is it OK just being common law?

Will it help if I've emigrated there before ( I came back after a year and a half)
Old Aug 28th 2005, 11:40 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do I begin the process?

Originally Posted by jazzys

I am thinking of emigrating to OZ with my missuss and 2 kids. Where do I get the forms from or do I apply online?

Will it help if I've emigrated there before ( I came back after a year and a half)

DIMIA website!
If you have emmigrated there before surley you know the process!!

Kris
Old Aug 28th 2005, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Originally Posted by kris maynard
DIMIA website!

Kris
Try the other forum too! The 'immigration one'.
Old Aug 28th 2005, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kris maynard
DIMIA website!

Kris
Yeah I remember some of it but it was 1988 when I last went through it.
Old Aug 28th 2005, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Being on this site is a good start. Good luck
Old Aug 28th 2005, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by karenjc
Being on this site is a good start. Good luck
What do I need to do to convince my wife that it will be a great thing to do.

She is close to her sister and really fears not being able to settle.

I'm really going to have my work cut out but I'm prepared to give it a go.
Old Aug 28th 2005, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

May be the best thing to do is to go over on holiday and hope she gets bowled over by the place and will want to go anyway
Old Aug 28th 2005, 2:33 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

1. Visit http://www.immi.gov.au
2. OK to be "common law" provided you have 12 months cohabitation
3. No help at all as it doesn't sound like you became a citizen and since it's so long ago, your resident status is likely long gone. You will need to meet the current requirements from scratch.

It's better to ask immigration questions on the immigration forum.

Jeremy
Old Aug 28th 2005, 7:43 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

What do I need to do to convince my wife that it will be a great thing to do.

She is close to her sister and really fears not being able to settle.

I'm really going to have my work cut out but I'm prepared to give it a go.

In my opinion you both need to be in it 100% if not it wont work just going theough the process of imigration is hard enough let alone settling in a new country where you no no one !

Good Luck whatever your decision!!

Kris xx
Old Aug 28th 2005, 7:50 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

(Where do I begin the process?)

At the back of the Que!
Sorry only joking,good luck.with everything.Lor