Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where can I watch the UEFA Champions League Final in Brisbane?

Where can I watch the UEFA Champions League Final in Brisbane?

Old May 11th 2007, 4:32 pm
Daryl

darylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to all
Default Where can I watch the UEFA Champions League Final in Brisbane?

I'm a Liverpool FC fan and will land in Brisbane on the 23rd May. We've actually cut our stopover short by one day so I wouldn't be in the air during the match (much to the dismay of the other half). I know, I'm emigrating and I should be embracing AFL, NFL, etc and snap out of my old ways, but honestly I can't bring myself to missing such a big match after being a lifelong Liverpool supporter. I guess the match will be shown about 05:30 Brisbane time - can anyone tell me if it will be shown on terrestrial TV (unlikely) or if there's anywhere at all that will be showing it?

Thanks

Daryl
Old May 11th 2007, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice
Default Re: Where can I watch the UEFA Champions League Final in Brisbane?

I think its being shown on the telly SBS channel, we'll be taping it if it is as hubby is a Liverpool supporter has been all his life use to travel up for home games from Bournemouth!! Thats the one thing he misses, give us a shout when you get here and we'll meet up for a beer

Rach
Old May 11th 2007, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

jam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nice

When I was backpacking back 2004-2005, most of us brits stayed up till 4 in the morning watching most of the games live on tele. If you can get Foxtel you will be a-okay mate. Also Australia has many a 24 sports bar as well that actually ARE open 24 hours a day. Theres one in Fortitude Valley. And plenty in the CBD. Thanks to British backpacking culture the Aussies know its a money spinner to stay open and show all the English footy live.

Im a scouser and we watched Liverpool Win it in 2005/Turkey.

I remember going into my room at the hostel at 5am after the game and jumping on the germans and koreans beds screaming at the top of my voice.

Loads of fun...

Not for them of course LOL!
Old May 12th 2007, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Mel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really nice

Hey there,

Are you staying in a hotel, unit, apartment when you first arrive? I'm sure you should be able to watch it there.

I will definately be up watching it!! We are at North Lakes and have been here 6 months now and totally love it!

I'm an avid Liverpool fan and there are plenty here! Hubby is a Spurs fan!

Good luck with the move and i hope you catch the match.

Melis
Old May 13th 2007, 12:26 am
Loving Brisbane !!

Southgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud of

The Pig and Whistle on Queen Street in the CBD is a British Pub that's definatley showing the Champions league final. It's open 24 hrs a day. I bekieve there were 200 people there at 5am for the semi final.
Old May 13th 2007, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darylh
I'm a Liverpool FC fan and will land in Brisbane on the 23rd May. We've actually cut our stopover short by one day so I wouldn't be in the air during the match (much to the dismay of the other half). I know, I'm emigrating and I should be embracing AFL, NFL, etc and snap out of my old ways, but honestly I can't bring myself to missing such a big match after being a lifelong Liverpool supporter. I guess the match will be shown about 05:30 Brisbane time - can anyone tell me if it will be shown on terrestrial TV (unlikely) or if there's anywhere at all that will be showing it?

Thanks

Daryl
The match is being shown on SBS which is terrestrial so you'll be able to watch it wherever you're staying as long as you've got a working TV.

Mrs JTL
Old May 13th 2007, 11:49 am
Daryl

darylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to alldarylh is a name known to all

Thanks everyone

Daryl