Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where can I buy my Bisto/Walkers crsips/HP sauce/etc etc??

Where can I buy my Bisto/Walkers crsips/HP sauce/etc etc??

Old Oct 13th 2005, 3:37 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Where can I buy my Bisto/Walkers crsips/HP sauce/etc etc??

Ok, and idea for a thread.

We've all heard about these little shops scattered all over Oz where you can buy your Bisto and stuff.

Where are they?

I'd heard there was a shop on The Gold Coast that sells all of these mentioned, but where else ?!?!

I'm sure there's many expat's out in Oz now just wondering ...

Relying on you lot in Oz now for this one! ...
Old Oct 13th 2005, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I buy my Bisto/Walkers crsips/HP sauce/etc etc??

Originally Posted by Paul2004

We've all heard about these little shops scattered all over Oz where you can buy your Bisto and stuff.

Where are they?

I'd heard there was a shop on The Gold Coast that sells all of these mentioned, but where else ?!?!

For a start you can buy your HP Sauce in every single Coles supermarket I've ever been in....
Old Oct 13th 2005, 3:42 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nickyc
For a start you can buy your HP Sauce in every single Coles supermarket I've ever been in....

Pretty good start I guess!

So where do you buy your Bisto gravy granules, or your Walkers crisps?!

Aunt Bessie Yorkies ?!
Old Oct 13th 2005, 3:43 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Where are they?

www.treatsfromhome.com.au is one that does Internet purchase / home deliveries too!
I went to the Sydney shop, had a browse and the only thing I bought was Colman's Mint Sauce. Everything else I can manage with Australian goods.

Andrew
Old Oct 13th 2005, 3:46 am
vor
Forum Regular

vor will become famous soon enough

Where are they?

If it's not sold in the major supermarkets then you'll be paying through the nose and may as well import it from the UK yourself.

Just accept that you might have to change the brand of tea bags you buy and live with it. One year on you might even find yourself singing the praises of vegemite!!
Old Oct 13th 2005, 3:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by andrew63

Excellent! ..... that's the type of thing I was thinking of.

I too was happy with Australia's offerings, inc the sausages which I'd read so many times wasn't as good as the UK ... but you always seem to read on here someone saying how they miss their whatever's so thought why not start a thread of where to find these things! ...
Old Oct 13th 2005, 3:50 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent! ..... that's the type of thing I was thinking of.

I too was happy with Australia's offerings, inc the sausages which I'd read so many times wasn't as good as the UK ... but you always seem to read on here someone saying how they miss their whatever's so thought why not start a thread of where to find these things! ...
Still searching for traditional East End Pie & Mash!

Andrew
Old Oct 13th 2005, 3:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by vor
If it's not sold in the major supermarkets then you'll be paying through the nose and may as well import it from the UK yourself.

Just accept that you might have to change the brand of tea bags you buy and live with it. One year on you might even find yourself singing the praises of vegemite!!

Fair point, but I'm sure some people are happy to pay for their little 'home comforts' ...

Tried Vegemite and hated, hate Marmite too!
Old Oct 13th 2005, 3:53 am
Account Closed

Andrew

Can't help feel you may be searching for a long time for that one! ...
Old Oct 13th 2005, 3:56 am
vor
Forum Regular

Andrew

I'm starting to think that I should devote my entire baggage limit to Walkers crisps on my next trip - I'm always amazed what people will pay for their little taste of home!

Personally, I think that the Red Rock Deli crisps are better than Walkers anyway.

I only thing I really miss is Yorkshire puds with roast beef...
Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by vor
I'm starting to think that I should devote my entire baggage limit to Walkers crisps on my next trip - I'm always amazed what people will pay for their little taste of home!

Personally, I think that the Red Rock Deli crisps are better than Walkers anyway.

I only thing I really miss is Yorkshire puds with roast beef...

Andrew's link has Walkers crisps! .... and I've heard mention of Aunt Bessie's Yorkies available somewhere, but don't know where, hence the thread!

They could very well be available at a store near you! ...
Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:02 am
Account Closed

Walkers Beef and Onion - $1.60 a Bag

Walkers Cheese and Onion - $1.60 a Bag

Walkers Prawn Cocktail $1.60 a Bag - $1.60 a Bag

Could be worse!

$25 delivery tho! ...
Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:04 am
vor
Forum Regular

Andrew's link has Walkers crisps! .... and I've heard mention of Aunt Bessie's Yorkies available somewhere, but don't know where, hence the thread!

They could very well be available at a store near you! ...

I'm just amazed that the idea of yorkshire pubs has never made it across with the migrants over the years. They don't even sell the trays here to make your own.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:06 am
vor
Forum Regular

This thread has a whole list of Brit food shops:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324410
Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by vor
I'm just amazed that the idea of yorkshire pubs has never made it across with the migrants over the years. They don't even sell the trays here to make your own.

(mental note) remember to take tray for Yorkies! ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.