Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where can I buy Bols ?

Where can I buy Bols ?

Old Aug 16th 2008, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

nowthat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where can I buy Bols ?

Hubby's birthday is just around the corner ... all gearing up ... traditional BBQ party ... drinks ... but my husband must have Singapore Sling served - no matter what.

So far I was unsuccessful, apparently it is being imported by Coca Cola but any attempts to get the relevant info resulted in nothing, nil

Perhaps someone in the know will share the good news:

Where can I buy liqueurs (cherry brandy etc) by Bols in Australia (retail, online shopping etc) ?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 16th 2008, 4:10 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can I buy Bols ?

hope you have a good birthday ! forget about bols. A singapore sling needs cherry brandy, not bols cherry brandy!

cheers
Old Aug 17th 2008, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for the connoisseur's opinion but we tend to be flexible, not so much purist and happily will settle for Bols (I think de Kuyper and PHeering are quite difficult to get here in Oz either). Besides, how would you describe SS as served by SIA (from concentrate ?). But I know, they do not have a space for a bar proper (there's no other place as the Long Bar )

Because we like to taste it on its own (on the rocks pls ) I would gladly welcome and appreciate ANY info re Bols availability in thsi beautiful country of OZ

Cheers
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nowthat
Hubby's birthday is just around the corner ... all gearing up ... traditional BBQ party ... drinks ... but my husband must have Singapore Sling served - no matter what.

So far I was unsuccessful, apparently it is being imported by Coca Cola but any attempts to get the relevant info resulted in nothing, nil

Perhaps someone in the know will share the good news:

Where can I buy liqueurs (cherry brandy etc) by Bols in Australia (retail, online shopping etc) ?

Thanks in advance
I worked for Bols in the 70,s at the Nieuw Vennup distillery.Many a good night in Amsterdam or Leiden depending where we went.

I would suggest Google and then an e-mail to the company asking if they have any stockists in your area.I always found the Dutch to be very good at service and promoting their products.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 7:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Bols Distributors in Australia:

Maxxium Australia PTY LTD
3 Richardson Place
Level 5, Building 1
NSW 2113
North Ryde
Australia

Tel: 02 9418 5026
Fax: 02 9418 5002
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Thank you moneypen20, I have already called them last week since they are the importers of this excellent Dutch liquor. They informed me that the distributor happens to be ... Coca Cola Australia but CC's Customer Service Dept is unable (I have spoken with them either) to pinpoint the retailer(s) !

They are absolutely affirmative, yes, they do distribute Bols but to let me know where I actually can purchase a bottle (or two ) - this is beyond their area of expertise.
They asked me to try Woolworth's, First Choice etc but afer trying hard I am still in the middle of nowhere.

A thought came upon me to try this forum of experts and masters of practical information per se

Please, anybody, help me out of this (Bols) misery
Make my (our) day

Cheers
Old Aug 17th 2008, 10:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you moneypen20, I have already called them last week since they are the importers of this excellent Dutch liquor. They informed me that the distributor happens to be ... Coca Cola Australia but CC's Customer Service Dept is unable (I have spoken with them either) to pinpoint the retailer(s) !

They are absolutely affirmative, yes, they do distribute Bols but to let me know where I actually can purchase a bottle (or two ) - this is beyond their area of expertise.
They asked me to try Woolworth's, First Choice etc but afer trying hard I am still in the middle of nowhere.

A thought came upon me to try this forum of experts and masters of practical information per se

Please, anybody, help me out of this (Bols) misery
Make my (our) day

Cheers
http://www.isleofwine.com.au/ ??
Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:20 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

It wasn't Bols but I bought cherry brandy in Safeways (or Woolies to you). Strangely enough I noticed they had Blue Bols on the shelf at the time.

Have you tried going into a Woolies bottle shop and asking the person who works there. (It's probably best to choose a day when one of the more mature types is serving.)
Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:22 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Dan Murphys
Old Aug 17th 2008, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

'It wasn't Bols but I bought cherry brandy in Safeways (or Woolies to you). Strangely enough I noticed they had Blue Bols on the shelf at the time.'

Thanks, I will follow. May I know which cherry brandy you purchased, perhaps de Kuyper or PH ?

'Have you tried going into a Woolies bottle shop and asking the person who works there. (It's probably best to choose a day when one of the more mature types is serving)'

I cannot agree more, I visited a shop which name suggested that their selection is second to none - only to be brought back to earth by their manager who stated that he "NEVER heard of this brand" and suggested a locally-made (cherry brandy) equivalent. I succumbed only to realize later that the liquour has a considerable (excessive ) content of sugar and consistency (viscosity ?) that some would describe as "overwhelming"
Old Aug 17th 2008, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I will follow. May I know which cherry brandy you purchased, perhaps de Kuyper or PH ?
The brand I got was Baitz. There was another brand there but I can't remember the name.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

An update:

Dan Murphys do not stock this (Bols) item. Neither do they order it.

Bols cherry brandy ... lost .... somewhere in Australia
Old Aug 18th 2008, 4:09 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

An update:

Dan Murphys do not stock this (Bols) item. Neither do they order it.

Bols cherry brandy ... lost .... somewhere in Australia
that's a shame that you can't get hold of your drink of choice. Keep trying, I'm sure there must be a way to get it...
Old Aug 18th 2008, 4:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Did you check this site out? They say they will do mail order - might be worth a go.....
Old Aug 19th 2008, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

Tried all sources - to no avail

Perhaps it's time to declare Australia a Bols-free country ?
Bols - endangeed species but freely roaming elsewhere (S'pore, Malaysia, Canada, US, not to mention Europe)

Sob .. birthday boy without his fav, a disaster waiting to happen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.