Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to buy Red Cheese in Oz.

Where to buy Red Cheese in Oz.

Old Oct 13th 2010, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where to buy Red Cheese in Oz.

Is there such a thing as red type cheeses like in the UK and South Africa?

Haven't seen any in Woolies or Coles.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 9:35 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where to buy Red Cheese in Oz.

Originally Posted by Alfresco

Not sure about the exact cheeses you're asking about - but we buy most of ours in the farmers markets - there's a great one at New farm. The cheeses here are soooo much better than a lot of the crappy stuff they sell in the supermarkets and you are always able to get tasters of loads of different ones too. Someone also raved to me once about a fantastic deli in Wooloongabba ...... Anyway, happy hunting!!!!
Old Oct 13th 2010, 9:47 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Where to buy Red Cheese in Oz.

I've seen red leicester in our local Woolies... imported from England!

BB
Old Oct 13th 2010, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice

ohhh you are making me happy

talking to a friend last night and she aasked what I'll miss food wise and my answer was CHEESE and maybe a little branston now and then!!!!!

off to new Farm I go when I arrive- when is the farmers market???
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:01 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by heldownunder
ohhh you are making me happy

talking to a friend last night and she aasked what I'll miss food wise and my answer was CHEESE and maybe a little branston now and then!!!!!

off to new Farm I go when I arrive- when is the farmers market???
Think it's the 2nd and 4th Saturday mornings! They also hold them on the 3rd Sat in Manly. I think Cleveland may have weekly farmers markets too - but not so sure on that one! The cheese stall I found had a huge range and we ate loads of tasters - just fab!!!!! Oh yeah - and we get our Branston from Coles or Woolies!
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by myrtle1
Not sure about the exact cheeses you're asking about - but we buy most of ours in the farmers markets - there's a great one at New farm. The cheeses here are soooo much better than a lot of the crappy stuff they sell in the supermarkets and you are always able to get tasters of loads of different ones too. Someone also raved to me once about a fantastic deli in Wooloongabba ...... Anyway, happy hunting!!!!
Thanks. Haven't seen too many farmers markets around here. Looks like we''ll need to shop around a bit more and checkout local market produce.

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

BB
I'll try and look a bit harder. Thanks.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Thanks. Haven't seen too many farmers markets around here. Looks like we''ll need to shop around a bit more and checkout local market produce.

I'll try and look a bit harder. Thanks.
Did you have a look in here at OurBrisbane mate!!?? Seems there are plenty of them

Cheers
B!k3R

Last edited by B1K3R; Oct 13th 2010 at 10:25 am.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by B1K3R
Did you have a look in here mate!!?? Seems there are plenty of them

Cheers
B!k3R
Thanks.

I need to get out more. Wifey agrees.

Pictures look good. Hope the result is just as good.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Thanks.

Ohhhh...I am sure my wife will drag me to all of them!!!

I love them too though

Cheers
B!K3R
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

Coles at Lutwyche sometimes has Red Leicester. also Pick n Pay at Aspley. Most branches of Coles also have Branston - Lutwyche definitely does
Old Oct 13th 2010, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Coles at Lutwyche sometimes has Red Leicester. also Pick n Pay at Aspley. Most branches of Coles also have Branston - Lutwyche definitely does
Thanks Polly, will have a look.

Aspley is about 30 kms away. Might just do it to see what they've got apart from cheese.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice

Originally Posted by myrtle1
Think it's the 2nd and 4th Saturday mornings! They also hold them on the 3rd Sat in Manly. I think Cleveland may have weekly farmers markets too - but not so sure on that one! The cheese stall I found had a huge range and we ate loads of tasters - just fab!!!!! Oh yeah - and we get our Branston from Coles or Woolies!
Thanks thats reassuring :-) hubby after English mustard is that more challenging???
Old Oct 13th 2010, 11:30 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

BB
And Red Leicester in my local butchers too.

It isn't often as cheap as in the UK though, $35.30 kg in Woolworths.

Old Oct 13th 2010, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

I originate not too far from Hawes in the Yorkshire Dales where the famous Wensleydale cheese comes from. I really love this cheese, especially at Christmas time.

And one day walking around the David Jones food hall there is was behind the deli glass, I was over joyed and brought a very big slice.

But when I got it home and tasted it was AWFUL, nothing like the real stuff from the factory in Hawes
Old Oct 14th 2010, 6:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by heldownunder
Thanks thats reassuring :-) hubby after English mustard is that more challenging???
Not a lover of the stuff I have to say .... would be amazed though if you couldn't find it somewhere...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.