Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to buy Heaters in Perth

Where to buy Heaters in Perth

Old Aug 17th 2005, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about
Default Where to buy Heaters in Perth

Just arrived in Perth, and as it is still winter, find ourselves shivering. Can anyone in Perth Norther Suburbs tell me where to find portable electric heaters and blankets. Tried Bunnies, but no luck. Strange when you come here, you just don't know where to go and buy the things you need. Living temp in Kinross, so anything close by, as we still struggling with directions

All help appreciated.

Chris
Old Aug 17th 2005, 5:34 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where to buy Heaters in Perth

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Just arrived in Perth, and as it is still winter, find ourselves shivering. Can anyone in Perth Norther Suburbs tell me where to find portable electric heaters and blankets. Tried Bunnies, but no luck. Strange when you come here, you just don't know where to go and buy the things you need. Living temp in Kinross, so anything close by, as we still struggling with directions

All help appreciated.

Chris
WA salvage or crazy clarks, dont bother with the mini radiator things cos they are shite, I bought the halogen heaters and they are great, even on 400kw setting they heat a fairly big room

Kala
Old Aug 17th 2005, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I bought the halogen heaters and they are great, even on 400kw setting they heat a fairly big room
i agree - we went out & bought one of theose too

we got ours from www.goodguys.com.au not sure if there is one nearby to you - failing that the ones in wa salvage looked good

ttfn

pootle26
Old Aug 17th 2005, 9:28 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Go for gas, you will probably find yourself buying electric ones and then buying a gas one eventually, yes its mlre expensive now, but the running costs are less and you wont be left with electric heaters that you wont use after you eventually buy gas!

I have a 25mj pyrox heater, i think you can get them in goodguys for around $550 they heat the whole open plan area easily and quickly, ugle as hell, but who cares when you're warm

Lynn
Old Aug 17th 2005, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

KBREMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

All help appreciated.

Chris
You can rent a 25mj Gas Heater from RENTALS R US and they will deliver for free-$75 month-You will only need it for that long(this year)!

kb
Old Aug 17th 2005, 9:41 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

All help appreciated.

Chris
Good Guys, Rick Hart, Harvey Norman, Retravision, Big W.

I'm sure Harvey Norman had a sale on at the weekend for heaters.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Kleenheat, Joondalup gate.... opposite bunnings, good quality and price... they are poms too..

All help appreciated.

Chris
Old Aug 17th 2005, 9:58 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by movetoperth.com
Go for gas, you will probably find yourself buying electric ones and then buying a gas one eventually, yes its mlre expensive now, but the running costs are less and you wont be left with electric heaters that you wont use after you eventually buy gas!

I have a 25mj pyrox heater, i think you can get them in goodguys for around $550 they heat the whole open plan area easily and quickly, ugle as hell, but who cares when you're warm

Lynn
Definately go for gas if it is plumbed into your house, loads of houses dont have the gas plumbed in tho (well up here anyway).

You cant get the type that you pop a gas bottle in the back of over here, as gas bottles are not allowed indoors.

Kala
Old Aug 17th 2005, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

cheers evreyone. hopefully weather will improve soon, so can enjoy the weather we came for.

chris
Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

cheers evreyone. hopefully weather will improve soon, so can enjoy the weather we came for.

chris
we came over when there was a real cold snap - there was actually frost on the grass
(not like the frost in the uk - but my neighbours were like :scared: look we had frost - its really cold ! - the first thing we did was buy a heater too! - everyone in the uk was in hysterics & thought it was highly amusing, that we had moved to our tropical paradise & rushing out buying electric heaters

still wont be too long when we are saying its far too hot & rushing out to buy those oscillating fans!!!

oh well - cest la vie!

ttfn

pootle26
Old Aug 18th 2005, 2:20 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by pootle26
we came over when there was a real cold snap - there was actually frost on the grass
(not like the frost in the uk - but my neighbours were like :scared: look we had frost - its really cold ! - the first thing we did was buy a heater too! - everyone in the uk was in hysterics & thought it was highly amusing, that we had moved to our tropical paradise & rushing out buying electric heaters

still wont be too long when we are saying its far too hot & rushing out to buy those oscillating fans!!!

oh well - cest la vie!

ttfn

pootle26
Try and buy fans now if you can up here they are a lot cheaper now than they were in summer. $10-$15 more expensive in summer, they are only about $15-$20 for the tall stand up fans at the mo in crazy clarks and the like.

Kala
Old Aug 18th 2005, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Also try Makro, v cheap and safe if you have kids and they are the oil filled ones. (In safe I mean safer than some of the other options).