Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to buy a decent business suit in Perth?

Wikiposts

Where to buy a decent business suit in Perth?

Old May 23rd 2007, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Bermuda Girl is a jewel in the roughBermuda Girl is a jewel in the roughBermuda Girl is a jewel in the roughBermuda Girl is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Where to buy a decent business suit in Perth?

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
The usual suspects, David Jones and Myer, or does anyone else have any advice? Budget not a problem as such, just want some decent clobber.

Thanks anyone.

Mrs. J

PS Please do NOT turn this into a 'Target is fab' thread
I bought my suits in Sydney, but I would guess the following stores have branches in Perth too.

Got them in Cue, Ojays and Portmans. Cue was the most expensive, but definitly the best quality. Have worn them all about the same amount over the year and the Cue one looks the best now.

The Ojay one is a funny material which can apparently be hand washed, but I usually dryclean it. Seems to look a bit limp somehow if not drycleaned fairly often.

The Portmans one was a lot cheeper than the other two (belive they currently have $100 off on suits), but has held up fairly well. Wouldn't wear it for an interview, but is fine for the office a couple of days a week.

I do find Portmans excellent for fitted tee-shirts to wear under suits (instead of a blouse). They come in lots of colours (usually at least 10 at any one time), and wash and wear well. Almost always on "special" at around $30 for two. I think I have enough to wear a different one every day for over 3 weeks!!