Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where is the best place for familes to live

Where is the best place for familes to live

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

The Sheps is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Where is the best place for familes to live

Hiya, we are in the early stages of applying for our visa, just wondering where is the best place for a family to live, what the local schools are like etc, anything that you can think of really that would help us out! would be great to get some inside info beforehand, Thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:20 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is the best place for familes to live

Originally Posted by The Sheps
Hiya, we are in the early stages of applying for our visa, just wondering where is the best place for a family to live, what the local schools are like etc, anything that you can think of really that would help us out! would be great to get some inside info beforehand, Thanks
Depends on where you wanna go really........where the work is.........what you can afford etc etc.

lots of ppl on here have got lots of views on all sorts of places.

Enjoy your hunt just ask away my friend.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Where is the best place for familes to live

Hiya, thanks for that, we are thinking of Rockingham or maybe Bunbury? has anyone got any info on those places, is accommodation expensive, what are schools like? Thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya, thanks for that, we are thinking of Rockingham or maybe Bunbury? has anyone got any info on those places, is accommodation expensive, what are schools like? Thanks
Hello
We have lived in Bunbury for a year now and love it.
Here are some Bunbury websites you could try (if you haven't seen them already!)
mybunbury.com
bunburyonline.com
mysouthwest.com.au
For accomodation prices you could try realestate.com.au
Hope this helps
Sue Good luck

Last edited by The Bevs; Jan 22nd 2007 at 9:32 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Where is the best place for familes to live

Hiya, thanks for that info, what age do children start school and is pre-school compulsory? thanks
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya, thanks for that info, what age do children start school and is pre-school compulsory? thanks
Sorry don't have children, so i don't know anything about schools.
I'm sure someone will come along and answer your questions for ya.
Sue
Old Jan 26th 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

martin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nice
Default Re: Emigrating later this year.......

Hi everyone, my name is martin and I am a self employed carpenter living in West Sussex, England and have my own business building loft conversions. Have just passed my TRA and I am currently applying for my visa along with my wife Steph and 3 daughters aged 18, 14 and 10.
We want to move to Perth for some reason, have some friends there so maybe that is swaying us at the moment but would love to hear from anyone who lives there or is at the same stage as myself for some guidance as where to live etc. We are thinking of somewhere along the coast i.e. fremantle, rockingham, Scarborough etc. Somewhere away from the city but not too far away.
if anyone has any advice on better places to live, then please drop me a line and it would be much appreciated.
Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 9:14 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emigrating later this year.......

Originally Posted by martin36-1
Hi everyone, my name is martin and I am a self employed carpenter living in West Sussex, England and have my own business building loft conversions. Have just passed my TRA and I am currently applying for my visa along with my wife Steph and 3 daughters aged 18, 14 and 10.
We want to move to Perth for some reason, have some friends there so maybe that is swaying us at the moment but would love to hear from anyone who lives there or is at the same stage as myself for some guidance as where to live etc. We are thinking of somewhere along the coast i.e. fremantle, rockingham, Scarborough etc. Somewhere away from the city but not too far away.
if anyone has any advice on better places to live, then please drop me a line and it would be much appreciated.
Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you.
Hi there....welcome to the forum. You may get more replies if you re-do this post as a 'new thread'. We are heading to the Gold Coast as we just loved it last year on our reccie trip!!!! C x
Old Jan 26th 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Canberra - very family safe
Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:23 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

we have just come back from a month rekkie looking for a place for my family to live..

this might help..

everywhere we visited looked exactly the same, what ever suburb you decied on, there will be a new housing development for you to buy a house on..

what you need to do is pick somewhere that gives you everything you need.
get a map ..

do you need to be by the city?
where are you going to work?
do you want to be by the sea?
do you want to live in the hills?
how much do you want to pay for your house?
check out the school league tables.
how long are you prepared to travel for?
do you need to have two cars?

you need to get out there and have a look..its a massive place and only you can decied what is best for you and your family..you dont want to be moving you children from school to school

if i can help in any way drop me a line..

aston