Where!!

Old Jul 31st 2005, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

November11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the rough
Default Where!!

I would be so grateful for any advice - My son and I are hoping to move to Australia

We don't know where though! - We initially thought Sydney but the property seems so pricey and the Sydney funnel web spider scared us off!

We then thought Adelaide but is there a reason that property is so much cheaper there?

We can't afford to visit every state

I am a recently qualified accountant and my son is 17 and at college studying IT at present
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all
Default Re: Where!!

Hi

do you need to apply for visas or do you have them already?

Are you hoping to live in the country, near beaches, in a city?

Would you like lots of sun, not too much, UK type seasons, tropical weather?

Lots and lots of different things available in Australia!

gd
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

jack27 is an unknown quantity at this point

[well I'm biased but I have to say Adelaide is the best and cheapest place toblive.

Mu hubs is a financial controller, and we've been here for 6 yrs and must say we all love it.... daughter 14 an son 13 next week.

go Adelaide, Take care u guys an let us know were u decide.
cal.QUOTE=November11]I would be so grateful for any advice - My son and I are hoping to move to Australia

We don't know where though! - We initially thought Sydney but the property seems so pricey and the Sydney funnel web spider scared us off!

We then thought Adelaide but is there a reason that property is so much cheaper there?

I am a recently qualified accountant and my son is 17 and at college studying IT at present[/QUOTE]
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

November11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the roughNovember11 is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=gdcollectables]Hi

gd [/QUOTE

Visas applied for

I think we would both like to live close to the beach but not in the city - I don't mind working in the city but would not want to travel more than 45 mins each way

I will be happy if my son is happy

Not too much sun or rain would be good

Thanks for replying
The thought that I may not get a job is scaring me silly!!
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jack27
[well I'm biased but I have to say Adelaide is the best and cheapest place toblive.

Mu hubs is a financial controller, and we've been here for 6 yrs and must say we all love it.... daughter 14 an son 13 next week.

go Adelaide, Take care u guys an let us know were u decide.
cal.QUOTE=November11]I would be so grateful for any advice - My son and I are hoping to move to Australia

I am a recently qualified accountant and my son is 17 and at college studying IT at present
[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for replying - my heart wants to come to Australia but the rest of me is definately terrified - I'm not known for being a big risk taker!
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:20 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=November11]
Originally Posted by gdcollectables
Hi

gd [/QUOTE

Visas applied for

I think we would both like to live close to the beach but not in the city - I don't mind working in the city but would not want to travel more than 45 mins each way

I will be happy if my son is happy

Not too much sun or rain would be good

Thanks for replying
The thought that I may not get a job is scaring me silly!!

Melbourne might fit the bill for you then

Cas
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

jack27 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey were defo not big risk takers.... but this move was the best, honestly u wont regret moving from the UK

Thanks so much for replying - my heart wants to come to Australia but the rest of me is definately terrified - I'm not known for being a big risk taker![/QUOTE]
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi November

have sent you a pm!

gd
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jack27
hey were defo not big risk takers.... but this move was the best, honestly u wont regret moving from the UK

Thanks so much for replying - my heart wants to come to Australia but the rest of me is definately terrified - I'm not known for being a big risk taker!
[/QUOTE]
May I ask (as you have teenage daughters) will my 17 year old son fit in?

He loves plying cricket but is worried that all the clubs will be really high standard (I think he enjoys the social side of belonging to a club) also golf and snooker (but again on a more recreational level!)

If I thought he could be happy it would be a real weight off my mind

Also, I worry if he will be able to get a job?
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gdcollectables
Hi November

have sent you a pm!

gd
I'm sorry to be ignorant - what is a PM? (first time here!)
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

May I ask (as you have teenage daughters) will my 17 year old son fit in?[/QUOTE]

LOL
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by November11
I'm sorry to be ignorant - what is a PM? (first time here!)
Private Message..

Top right hand corner..

Welcome to the forum btw

Cas
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
May I ask (as you have teenage daughters) will my 17 year old son fit in?
LOL [/QUOTE]
Oh dear - bad choice of words!!! - please forgive me
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by November11
LOL
Oh dear - bad choice of words!!! - please forgive me[/QUOTE]

No worries !!

hope you enjoy the forum - you'll have a chance to get info, and have a good laugh too
Have a good look round - more serious 'Visa' issues in Aus Immigration, lifestyle talk here, and general chat and a laugh in lounge (where you'll often find myself)
It was a godsend while I was applying for my visa

Cas

Last edited by carolinegorka; Jul 31st 2005 at 3:36 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi November

I've answered yr message!!!!

gd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.