Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When are you emigrating to Oz?

View Poll Results: when do you (expect to) leave old blighty?
before the end of Aug: OMG it is so close I can hear the Aussie accent
1.45%
Sept-Oct:
23.19%
Nov - Dec: I'm going to be opening chrimbo pressie in Oz
18.84%
Jan - June 2004 : New year, new country
17.39%
July - Dec 2004
14.49%
2005 or later
10.14%
Don't know yet, but ASAP after getting the visa
11.59%
Don't know at all / depends on other factors /other
2.90%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

When are you emigrating to Oz?

Old Aug 20th 2003, 11:01 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default When are you emigrating to Oz?

Most people seem to be off as soon as the yellow envelope has been delivered (or as soon as the house as been sold)

This will not be the case for us. Our plan is that the earliest we go will be Sept 2005 (thats right another 2yrs away )

So when are packing your bags and going?
Old Aug 20th 2003, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Hoping to go next summer, providing we have got our visas and sold the house by then.
It will give us the time to look around where to live, kids can join school and have a term or so to settle in while doing work they've theoretically already done and it will be winter so flights should be cheaper / we'll be able to see how cold or wet it gets wherever we go i.e worst case scenario weather wise.

I did however vote ASAP after visa granted!
Old Aug 20th 2003, 2:30 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

leaving in five and a half weeks!
Old Aug 20th 2003, 2:42 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Was supposed to be september, but having 2 house sales fall through, we don't know! (oh, and even though we know we are getting the visa, that isn't here yet either )
Old Aug 20th 2003, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: When are you emigrating to Oz?

Originally posted by walaj
Most people seem to be off as soon as the yellow envelope has been delivered (or as soon as the house as been sold)

This will not be the case for us. Our plan is that the earliest we go will be Sept 2005 (thats right another 2yrs away )

So when are packing your bags and going?
Hopefully as soon as the TRA pull there finger out and we can get the main application processed, realistically we hope it to be before next summer!
best wishes
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Aug 20th 2003, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Hopefully at the end of Dec, after Christmas.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 4:19 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

ohh (*suprised look*) we are not alone in going in 2005 (or later) - who are the others that have voted for this option?

Mika: has the packing started yet? or have you not managed to stop smiling?

tina; An extra special xmas and new year

good luck, especially to those moving in the next few months
Old Aug 20th 2003, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Posted under/Don't know other factors

If we get shot of this house this time, hoping for begining to mid October.

Whisky
Old Aug 21st 2003, 7:41 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by walaj

Mika: has the packing started yet? or have you not managed to stop smiling?
Hi

I have started getting rid of stuff that is not coming with us, but I intend to start packing the week before the removals company come, so two and a bit weeks to go!

Mel

PS, it's kinda hard to stop smiling!
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

We're off mid October. Considering we didn't even start applying or anything til Jan/Feb, this year has been a bit of a whirlwind!!

Have had a brill summer traveling the Uk seeing all our friends and relatives that we haven't seen for years. Just got back from Dorset and Devon last week and off to Northumberland and Scotland tonight for a week.

And I've a got a house full of junk to sort through before mid Sept. Aaaaargh!!!
Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:50 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

put off applying under employer nom due to cost of childcare - decided to save for next couple of years then apply independantly under skilled-independant. officially need a couple of years income (to be able to support oneself and family) but have no house to sell, so might struggle on that one!! anyone know what sort of figure the immigration dept are seeing as acceptable?

good luck to those of you going soon....hope you have an exciting and wonderful time settl;ing in to your new homes and lives

sue
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

We're hoping to be in Perth 4th Nov big gamble i know but waiting on my spouse visa to come through All the kids are now Aussie by descent(Passports and certificates waved in my face often):PARTY:
Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

cam the man is an unknown quantity at this point

We are applying for our visa v. soon and will visit Oz again to decide where we will go for starters next summer.
Our plan is to sell our house in late 2004 and move over sometime in 2005 visa permitting.

Our biggest problem is where to go. I really loved Sydney when I was there before but it might be too much like the fast pace of here, so next option is Brisbane area/surrounds.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 11:09 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

leave uk september 18th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....4 weeks as now we will be in kuala lumpar airport!!!!

really getting nervous/excited now....get nervous again each morning when i remember that its getting soooo close....
.... had my first friend crying today and bringing a card...omg.....made me a bit weepy too....

leaving 'do' booked for 30th august....

dog goes 6 sept...

well i went on the 'magnum' ride at flamingo land lsat week and my stomach feels more or less the same as that most of the time now..................
:scared: :scared:
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

HeatherS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mika24me
leaving in five and a half weeks!

We're leaving UK on the 14th September, going to Perth first to stay with friends then fly to Adelaide on the 25th.

Only 22 days to go!

Heather

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.