Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

when will I know

when will I know

Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

little miss c is an unknown quantity at this point
Question when will I know

Hi I have just registered after coming across this site during a search, maybe someone could offer some advice?
my partner, family and me applied May 2003, after it took about a yeat to get TRA stuff done. We had the meds done on 17 Feb 04, police checks sent 12 March.......does anyone know roughly when we will hear anything? It's driving me crazy, and my agent wasn't too helpful. Is there anything I should be doing?
I would be grateful for any feedback
Thanks
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:49 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: when will I know

Originally posted by little miss c
Hi I have just registered after coming across this site during a search, maybe someone could offer some advice?
my partner, family and me applied May 2003, after it took about a yeat to get TRA stuff done. We had the meds done on 17 Feb 04, police checks sent 12 March.......does anyone know roughly when we will hear anything? It's driving me crazy, and my agent wasn't too helpful. Is there anything I should be doing?
Thanks
Welcome to the site Little Miss C. Do you have any nails left??

It all sounds good though, my guess is you will have word within next few weeks. Where are you off to??
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, I hope so, I can't concentrate on anything at the moment!

We're going to Melbourne - never been before so everyone here thinks we're crazy, but if we don't try now we never will! have some friends there so that will be a bonus
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough

Thanks, I hope so, I can't concentrate on anything at the moment!

We're going to Melbourne - never been before so everyone here thinks we're crazy, but if we don't try now we never will! have some friends there so that will be a bonus

Hiya - welcome aboard. Don't worry, I don't think your crazy as we're doing exactly the same. Never been to Oz and moving to Melbourne at the end of October. You only live once!!!
Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:33 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Hopefully you will both enjoy it as much as I do.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

ADELE & NIGE is an unknown quantity at this point

You said the agent wasn't too helpfull
Just out of interest--who are your agents?

CHEERS NIGE
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ADELE & NIGE
You said the agent wasn't too helpfull
Just out of interest--who are your agents?

CHEERS NIGE
I don't really want to name names.... not at least until I have the visas, but they are based in London.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

brummie bird is on a distinguished road

Hi,
you should have had your visa by now, we applied july 03, just recd grant letter, see my time line on Visa granted!!! Think you should demand agent works for his money and rings and enquires, or stay up late tonight and ring DIMIA yourself. They will tell the situation.

Cheers and good luck

Angie
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Default Now I worried

Originally posted by brummie bird
Hi,
you should have had your visa by now, we applied july 03, just recd grant letter, see my time line on Visa granted!!! Think you should demand agent works for his money and rings and enquires, or stay up late tonight and ring DIMIA yourself. They will tell the situation.

Cheers and good luck

Angie
Ohh now I'm worried! I was thinking of sending an email to the case officer, but I'm worried about being too pushy. My agent said if we hadn't heard by 24th May he will chase up. Has anyone else emailed their case office?
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 1:48 pm
Sydney since Oct 04

l_jg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I don't think you should worry and your visa will be coming soon - at least that's what we're hoping! We were ack last June, and sent our medicals off 2 months ago, PC one month ago - emailed case officer yesterday to check that they had received all the docs as we hadn't had any ack. Case officer replied saying that all docs received and we would hear from them "shortly". We're hoping to hear in the next couple of weeks.

Good luck
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by l_jg
Hi, I don't think you should worry and your visa will be coming soon - at least that's what we're hoping! We were ack last June, and sent our medicals off 2 months ago, PC one month ago - emailed case officer yesterday to check that they had received all the docs as we hadn't had any ack. Case officer replied saying that all docs received and we would hear from them "shortly". We're hoping to hear in the next couple of weeks.

Good luck
Thanks...hopefully we will both be posting "yippee we got them" shortly!!
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

brummie bird is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Now I worried

Ohh now I'm worried! I was thinking of sending an email to the case officer, but I'm worried about being too pushy. My agent said if we hadn't heard by 24th May he will chase up. Has anyone else emailed their case office?

Hi
Yes, I emailed my case officer a few times and she always replied instantly, email her/him put your mind at rest, you will be glad you did if it turns out something has been mislaid.

Angie
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Ok I just sent the email to case officer.....I'll let you know what happens next!
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 2:39 pm
Sydney since Oct 04

l_jg is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's hope it says "all docs received, your visa is in the post"......

Ok I just sent the email to case officer.....I'll let you know what happens next!
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

salokin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: when will I know

Thanks
Hi were in the same boat as you we had our medicals on 3/02/04 and so far not heard anything spoke to our agents on tuesday and she was e mailing our case officer so hoping we should hear something in next few days, Its driving us crazy too got butterflies in stomach and no finger nails left..... But keep chasing your agent after all thats what you pay em for.... good luck and let us know what happening

carol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.