Reload this Page >

When to ship container?

When to ship container?

Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

smithfield22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When to ship container?

When to ship Container?

We are going to Adelaide in September. When is the best time to send our container? We are renting the house so no need to move out etc. Also, anybody know of any good shipper agents? Thanks for your help.

Karen and Adam.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:27 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When to ship container?

Originally Posted by smithfield22
When to ship Container?

We are going to Adelaide in September. When is the best time to send our container? We are renting the house so no need to move out etc. Also, anybody know of any good shipper agents? Thanks for your help.

Karen and Adam.
Port Adelaide is at its busiest from late October till end of march early April, ... mm
Old Mar 4th 2006, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

When to ship Container?

Karen and Adam.
Depands on a number os things and if you need them up til when your flights will be

Are you going to buy or rent?

Are you taking main bits of stuff i.e beds, sofas etc...?

We used Pickfords, they were good If you send your stuff early I think it takes around 8 weeks Uk to Aus after it has cleared AQIS (customs) it cost $180.00 (£80.00)per 28 days storage and a 1 off extra handling 1charge of $ 170.00 (£75.50)
Old Mar 4th 2006, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tabby
Depands on a number os things and if you need them up til when your flights will be

Are you going to buy or rent?

Are you taking main bits of stuff i.e beds, sofas etc...?

We used Pickfords, they were good If you send your stuff early I think it takes around 8 weeks Uk to Aus after it has cleared AQIS (customs) it cost $180.00 (£80.00)per 28 days storage and a 1 off extra handling 1charge of $ 170.00 (£75.50)
Hi,
Do you have to be there when your stuff clears customs or does an agent/removal company do everything.
Sharon
Old Mar 5th 2006, 4:20 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

When to ship Container?

Karen and Adam.
All my belongings left my house mid Nov...sailed early Dec...arrive early Jan and were delivered to my door on Friday. We had half a container. I am in Sydney though. We used John Masons - they were excellent. Not one thing was broken or marked!! Amazing really when you think how far its come...and how many times it was moved in and out of various containers etc...
Old Mar 5th 2006, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pioneer
Hi,
Do you have to be there when your stuff clears customs or does an agent/removal company do everything.
Sharon
No the agent does everything, with Pickford's what happens is they send a letter saying that you shipment has left the Uk which ship it is on and expected due date to Aus, Then when it arrives they then send another letter saying it at Customs and that they will need payment of around $324.00 for AQIS fees. As soon as they have done that if you are not in Aus or don't need your stuff quite yet make sure they take it away and put it into their storage and don't store it at the dock as this can be alot more money.

We used my SIL address in Aus to send letters etc.. to but I believe you can use a Uk address if you want.

Hope this helps
Old Mar 5th 2006, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

smithfield22 is an unknown quantity at this point

No the agent does everything, with Pickford's what happens is they send a letter saying that you shipment has left the Uk which ship it is on and expected due date to Aus, Then when it arrives they then send another letter saying it at Customs and that they will need payment of around $324.00 for AQIS fees. As soon as they have done that if you are not in Aus or don't need your stuff quite yet make sure they take it away and put it into their storage and don't store it at the dock as this can be alot more money.

We used my SIL address in Aus to send letters etc.. to but I believe you can use a Uk address if you want.

Hope this helps
Thanks for your reply - really was helpful. What is a SIL address? and where do you get it from? and when? Sorry but not done this before!!!! We plan to rent for the first month until we find the area - so not sure of address, so this would be good for us.
Thanks.
Karen.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply - really was helpful. What is a SIL address? and where do you get it from? and when? Sorry but not done this before!!!! We plan to rent for the first month until we find the area - so not sure of address, so this would be good for us.
Thanks.
Karen.
SIL is 'sister in law' , It took me a while to work out all the shorten meaning and to this day i still don't know what PMSL on the forum means
Old Mar 5th 2006, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

STEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud of

SIL is 'sister in law' , It took me a while to work out all the shorten meaning and to this day i still don't know what PMSL on the forum means
tabby, i think it means pissed myself laughing,that is what i worked out it was
lol Terri
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:29 am
Just Joined

justaclassicmgfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, anybody know of any good shipper agents? Thanks for your help.

Karen and Adam.
Try Independent Freight on 01924 267177.