Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

when selling your house in uk did you mention to the buyers

when selling your house in uk did you mention to the buyers

Old Mar 1st 2006, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default when selling your house in uk did you mention to the buyers

Hi,

most our friends told us when you put your house on the market, dont tell the buyers you are selling your house because you are moving to Australia, because the buyers might mess you about and ask for more discount before the contract get exchanged.
did anybody had experiences like this, would it be better to say things like we inherited a house so we are moving and there is no chain, or just be honest and take are chances.

farideh
Old Mar 1st 2006, 6:59 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: when selling your house in uk did you mention to the buyers

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Hi,

most our friends told us when you put your house on the market, dont tell the buyers you are selling your house because you are moving to Australia, because the buyers might mess you about and ask for more discount before the contract get exchanged.
did anybody had experiences like this, would it be better to say things like we inherited a house so we are moving and there is no chain, or just be honest and take are chances.

farideh

We said we were relocating due to work promotion and was lucky that they didn't ask more.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Mar 1st 2006, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

We haven't told the esate agents we are emmigrating either. I told them we were moving closer to family. People who come to look at the house are also being told this.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 7:05 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

No, no. no don't tell them, they may think that you are in a position where you HAVE to sell and think they can mess you about and get more and more off your property because you NEED to leave the country.

We are planning to tell estated agents that we are moving south due to Steve's job. They don't need to know how far south!!!!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for all your replies, I like them all, now I dont know which one to pick.

farideh
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for all your replies, I like them all, now I dont know which one to pick.

farideh
How about you are moving south, to be closer to family and your hubby's job
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

We said that we were moving into rented accommodation. That way they knew there was no chain but Oz was never mentioned.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
How about you are moving south, to be closer to family and your hubby's job

weve told the agents that we're moving either to the east coast or down south!!!well, its not a fib is it??!!!

dont forget to tell the neighbours too that you dont want anyone to know about oz!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys can I ask, do I have to get a Gas certificate and an electric certificate done or do the buyers?

My hubbie and I are at loggerheads on this one. Also has it come into force yet that I will have to have a survey done and show all the buyers that survey or is it still that the buyers get one and so do I? Something like that. Ok ok, it's my first time selling a house, I am a `house virgin' lol

hugs Lace xxx
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21
Guys can I ask, do I have to get a Gas certificate and an electric certificate done or do the buyers?

My hubbie and I are at loggerheads on this one. Also has it come into force yet that I will have to have a survey done and show all the buyers that survey or is it still that the buyers get one and so do I? Something like that. Ok ok, it's my first time selling a house, I am a `house virgin' lol

hugs Lace xxx

ey up you virgin you!! dont think the survey thing is coming in until 2007 lace and as far as i'm aware, i havent heard anything about having certs done!

you well mate? x
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lacey21

hugs Lace xxx
Certificates are for if you are renting out a property. Its just so you meet health and safety standards etc.

The buyer's get a survey, you just need an agent to give you a guide price.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Doing ok thanks Debs hope you have recoved after the meds lol

Thanks Wendy, I wasn't sure and neither was my other half. I thought they had to be done when you were selling a propery. Thanks for this I can kick the crap out of my other half now lol.

hugs Lace xxxx
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

We said we were moving to the other side of London (well it is, just a long way the other side) to be closer to our parents (OK, total lie) and were gonig to rent for 6 months while finding the right area (totally true just not in the UK). Once we had exchanged we told the agents the truth.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:02 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

We were totally honest with our buyers but they were first time buyers and we used it as a selling point that we didn't have a chain. Didn't have any problems with them as they really wanted our house and from the time we put it on the market to when we moved out was 2 1/2 months (now don't start screaming at me). It was a few years ago.

Sass

Hi,

farideh
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:07 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Hi,

farideh
I told my agents not to tell potential buyers that we were emigrating. We took a low offer anyway just to get the cash quick. It was valued at 220,000 we put in on the market for 210,000 and accepted 200,000 in the end. We are not complaining because we made a 30K profit in 11 months!!

You are right though, I wouldn't let them know because they will definitely offer something silly....WHO WOULDN'T!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.