Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When the packers are in

When the packers are in

Old Jul 1st 2009, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default When the packers are in

Did you hang around (I assume doing nothing) or bugger off for the day and let them get on with it but leave a mobile number just in case?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all
Default Re: When the packers are in

Watch them like a hawk !
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Reading fan
Watch them like a hawk !
And there will probably be more than one packer so might do to get another hawk in to help out too....

Mx
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Did you hang around (I assume doing nothing) or bugger off for the day and let them get on with it but leave a mobile number just in case?
WE went out and left them too it.Popped back every now and then to see how they were getting on.Ours were lovely.We trusted them and didnt feel the need to breathe down their necks.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by irishbloo
WE went out and left them too it.Popped back every now and then to see how they were getting on.Ours were lovely.We trusted them and didnt feel the need to breathe down their necks.
Mine were also great but given some of the stories that have appeared on here.... anyway they need someone to keep them supplied with tea. A happy worker is a productive worker.

Mx
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by micmay3_in_oz
Mine were also great but given some of the stories that have appeared on here.... anyway they need someone to keep them supplied with tea. A happy worker is a productive worker.

Mx
All our clothes were packed away.Once i knew they werent going to be trying my knickers on their heads I was fine
Old Jul 1st 2009, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Given some of the threads on here I would get a photo of them, for indentification later.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:20 am
Just Joined

battebabe is an unknown quantity at this point

My personal opinion, stick around and keep an eye onthem and what they are doing. Too many prople arrive in Australia, receive their goods, only to find they are not packed properly or items they knew they once had have gone missing. Drop me a line if you need assistance when you arrive in Oz
Old Jul 6th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Thank you everyone. Container is here tomorrow so it is a very busy day today! We will be staying hope to supervise! And make tea!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

move anything you don't want packed out of the house. They are quick and ours were great at their job and required lots of tea. Be ready for the tears when something you don't think your connected to goes into that container. Good Luck Today/tomorrow.

Jane
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

vicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant future

I was at home when they came to do the packing, but I felt I was under their feet, they really just come in and got on with it, they even refused to have tea and cookies! So in the end I just sat out in my car and let them get on with it.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed but only because we supplied them with coffee/tea and lunch. Even watching them closely wasn't enough. They were so bloody efficient that they packed our "Do not pack" bag sitting on the kitchen bench top. 8 weeks later we unpacked my son's puffer, the kids' game boys, my book for the plane and a bunch of other stuff that was going to be in my carry on. They almost took our big suitcases, but we managed to stop them before they went in the container.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:34 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

They gave us "Do not Pack" stickers and we still ended up with a pedal bin full of rubbish at this end.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

We have a spare room and the furniture from that is coming out at a later date so all our stuff will be shoved in there tomorrow!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:42 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

we stayed and made coffee and biccies. they were very nice and very efficient (Abels) they clarified what was going in each room with us before they touched anything, I never felt they would nick anything and they didnt- more their job was worth I imagine!
Good luck with the move Kingseat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.