Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When giving up ciggies

When giving up ciggies

Old Apr 1st 2005, 8:17 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: When giving up ciggies

Originally Posted by sel
I am coming upto 4 weeks now and its really hard but it will be worth it - so go for it you have just got to take each day as it comes. I am not using anything like patches or gum cos personally I felt it would just prolong the inevitable so I decided to go cold turkey.
I agree with you sel and so does Allan Carr. I read his book and found it quite easy to stop smoking as did the people I bought a book for - Andrew not included as he refused. Daft sod, he stopped for 6 or 8 weeks prior to meds as he was told to by agent as he was diabetic. Once meds were done and dusted he started again.
Sarah
Old Apr 1st 2005, 9:57 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When giving up ciggies

Originally Posted by sel
Why is it that when you decide to do something like give up smoking your non-smoking friends decide that its all they are going to talk about
Warning Giving up smoking can make you grumpy. Confronting these situation is all you can do. Confronting smoking situations rather than avoiding them got me through giving up cold turkey.

Good luck