Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Defacto Question??

Defacto Question??

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 12:05 am
tricky nicky

tricky is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Defacto Question??

Myself and my partner are almost ready to post our defacto application. We have been living together officially since Aug 2004. We have been in a relationship since Sept 1999 and have a three year old daughter together, my concern is that in 2002 my partner gave up his job to care for his mother who was seriously ill, this is one of the reasons why we did not live together and he jointly owned the house with his mother, who was a bit obsessive of her son I decided that it would be best to stay in my own house, as I have three other children which would not have helped his mother during her illness. We would see each other on a daily basis and he would stay on weekends when he could. Last year we were able to buy his mothers share of the house and she moved 5 min walk away, I am now living at the house and my partner is still caring for his mother up until we go to Aus then his brother is going to take over. I am also caring for my farther and we are both in reciept of carers allowance, does anyone think this will affect our application, we will have money to take to Australia as we own our own home here, but are conncerned that they will think that we are going to be users of the social security in Aus. My partner is a graphic designer and I am a hairdresser and we both intend working in aus.
I have got stat dec's to cover the period before we were living together to prove that we were in a relationship and I will enclose a letter reguarding the reasons why. I would like to know if anyone knows if this will affect our application. :scared:
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 12:12 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Defacto Question??

Originally Posted by tricky
I have got stat dec's to cover the period before we were living together to prove that we were in a relationship and I will enclose a letter reguarding the reasons why. I would like to know if anyone knows if this will affect our application. :scared:

With these, and if you have proof of your careers allowance for the on-going time I would think you'll be fine. As you have a child together all you need to prove is 2 years de facto relationship to gain PR. Just make sure you have plenty of evidence dating back as far as possible, if you have any concerns you could always A/wait till August 2005 to get 12months cohabitation or B/speak to an agent.

ATB