Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When giving up ciggies

When giving up ciggies

Old Apr 1st 2005, 5:18 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute
Default When giving up ciggies

Why is it that when you decide to do something like give up smoking your non-smoking friends decide that its all they are going to talk about
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

racheybabe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: When giving up ciggies

Originally Posted by sel
Why is it that when you decide to do something like give up smoking your non-smoking friends decide that its all they are going to talk about

right now with the stress of finishing my degree, writing two assignments and a dissertation, selling my house, putting everything into storage, moving to my mothers, persuading my ex hubby that he really does not mind my daughter going to Oz - oh and booking removals and flights , and moving on July 28th........ I am a chain smoking alcoholic.... Anyone wanna join my club?????
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice

Originally Posted by sel

It's often been said that you never "cure" an addiction, -you merely swap if it for another, be it food, beer, sex, faith.

So, might I suggest

Good luck with it, hold in there, it's worth it

jamie
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:39 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by racheybabe
right now with the stress of finishing my degree, writing two assignments and a dissertation, selling my house, putting everything into storage, moving to my mothers, persuading my ex hubby that he really does not mind my daughter going to Oz - oh and booking removals and flights , and moving on July 28th........ I am a chain smoking alcoholic.... Anyone wanna join my club?????
Blimey you have got it all going on

I'll join for the booze but your not allowed to give me any ciggies
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sel
Blimey you have got it all going on

I'll join for the booze but your not allowed to give me any ciggies

Alright then No ciggies - bit hey- wine is flowin........ I do hope there are people like me in Cairns..............
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:43 pm
sel
~~~

Originally Posted by Jamiem
It's often been said that you never "cure" an addiction, -you merely swap if it for another, be it food, beer, sex, faith.

So, might I suggest

Good luck with it, hold in there, it's worth it

jamie
A very good tried and still being tested method

I'm sure my other half would like it if I swapped for a sex addiction
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:47 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright then No ciggies - bit hey- wine is flowin........ I do hope there are people like me in Cairns..............
Oh dear did you know that Cairns is a dry town? Might have to make some moonshine yee haa
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:47 pm
sel
~~~

Bix the naughty lion lives their - so you have nothing to worry about
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sel
Bix the naughty lion lives their - so you have nothing to worry about

am looking forward to meeting Bix and Co in July.... They sound really interesting and fun
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:03 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sel
Because they are all s**t. I can say this because I live with Andrew, he smokes! I love Andrew, he smokes! Not said with any malice at all as I decided that I wanted to stop smoking not him. He was just an absolute t**t when I did. He used to go out the back for a ciggie (we don't smoke in our house) and then come in and breath all over me. He said it was to see how strong I was. Oh I was very strong, I warned him if he did it again he would have no . He did it again so he got no for weeks, pmsl.
Good luck, just remember you are not giving anything up, you are gaining everything.
Sarah
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:07 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by teach
Because they are all s**t. I can say this because I live with Andrew, he smokes! I love Andrew, he smokes! Not said with any malice at all as I decided that I wanted to stop smoking not him. He was just an absolute t**t when I did. He used to go out the back for a ciggie (we don't smoke in our house) and then come in and breath all over me. He said it was to see how strong I was. Oh I was very strong, I warned him if he did it again he would have no . He did it again so he got no for weeks, pmsl.
Good luck, just remember you are not giving anything up, you are gaining everything.
Sarah
Never mind trying how strong you are...tell him how strong/bad he smells...one thing i really notice now I dont smoke
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:25 pm
sel
~~~

Originally Posted by teach
Sarah
PMSL

But as much as I love my friends the no option isn't really an option
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel

Okay 2 weeks ago i set tomorrow as my date to stop smoking, and i am determined to give this a try with some nicotine patches for 1 week. ( i read that u should give yourself a date to mentally and physiologically prepare yourself for this, god knows !!) And then my mates that have moved to oz a few months ago tell me u can get 30 ciggies for 8 dollars or so to make me carry on !!!

Tomorrow i stop (i try) and i want to wish u the best of luck so that when we get over we are smoke free and we smell lush lol
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:36 pm
sel
~~~

Originally Posted by angel17796
Okay 2 weeks ago i set tomorrow as my date to stop smoking, and i am determined to give this a try with some nicotine patches for 1 week. ( i read that u should give yourself a date to mentally and physiologically prepare yourself for this, god knows !!) And then my mates that have moved to oz a few months ago tell me u can get 30 ciggies for 8 dollars or so to make me carry on !!!

Tomorrow i stop (i try) and i want to wish u the best of luck so that when we get over we are smoke free and we smell lush lol
I am coming upto 4 weeks now and its really hard but it will be worth it - so go for it you have just got to take each day as it comes. I am not using anything like patches or gum cos personally I felt it would just prolong the inevitable so I decided to go cold turkey.

Good luck to you too - I just tend to drink more instead
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Briz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by angel17796

A lot of places in oz have banned smoking completely, and there are heaps of anti-smoking campaigns. Don't worry, you won't be alone!

My husband says that he will buy our allowance of fags from duty-free when we go, smoke those, then give up. Only time will tell!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.